Saturday, July 11, 2015

Love Life

** July 2015 Winner at Crafts Galore Encore Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share my good news - I've been invited to guest design with Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog during the month of July and I'm happy to share my inspiration project for the Midway Motivation Post for Challenge #40 - Spots and Stripes! Come play with us! We want to see your project with some spots and some stripes!

I created a friendship card in shades of gray, teal and yellow. These coordinating Stampin' Up! papers are just gorgeous and certainly fit the challenge theme of Spots and Stripes! I used the Stampin' Up! "A Happy Thing" stamp set which I just love. It was one of the first stamp sets I bought when I became a demonstrator and hadn't used it yet. How does that happen?! ;)


I stamped the image and sentiment in Basic Gray ink, and colored the bird with several Spectrum Noir markers. I used a couple Stitched Circle dies and embellished the card front with some pretty pearls and buttons. And of course I just had to add one of my signature bows... this one is embellished with a small bow made of thick Baker's twine.


I cut a couple narrow flags from the striped and spotted papers for the inside, and stamped the sentiment in the Basic Gray ink.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon (#133679), Stampin' Up! Basic Gray (#121044), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! Moonlight Designer Series Paper (#133701)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! A Happy Thing (#139134)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Gray (#126981); Spectrum Noir- IG1, IG2, IG4, BG4, BG6, BG8, GT3
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layer dies
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up! Best Year Ever Ribbon Crushed Curry (#138974), Stampin' Up! In Color 2014-2016 Accessory Pack Lost Lagoon Thick Baker's Twine and Buttons (#138637), Prairie Bird Boutique Wrinkled Ribbon, Wink of Stella Clear Pen, white flat-back pearls

I hope you've enjoyed this project and find a little inspiration to create a fun project for our Spots and Stripes challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

This is sooo PRETTY Leslie! LOVE it! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Lillian A said...

Aw, this really caught my eye, Leslie. Great colors, sweet image and just an all around "aww" card. Do you need my address to have this sweet birdie wing my way - teehee !!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

OH, this is beautiful Leslie! Love the papers with that color combo.

Cazro said...

I adore your GDT card for Fantasy Stampers. The colours and design within the spots and stripes is wonderful. Glad to share the DT spot with you. Caz

Wendy L said...

Fab design and a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends. xxxx

Tracey Boley said...

Fab card and cute image.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends Challenge blog,hope to see you again for our next challenge.

Tracey DTxx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a brilliant design.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends.
Pauline
x

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Fabulous card Leslie! I love everything about it! Your bird image is so sweet and all of your embellishments are perfect with it.

I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join as a follower (if you aren’t already), comment and add your link. I am already a follower of your blog.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you again in the next challenge. Good luck in the drawings. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Barbara Bruder said...

This card is gorgeous.Lovely color combo and love the design. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

Rebecca Wong said...

Oh, this is so adorable, love it so much!
Thanks for sharing in Crafting With An Attitude Challenge, hope to see you back again.
Rebecca, DT

Monika Korjat said...

This is a beautiful card and I just adore the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenges ' Use a digi stamp'. Regards, Monika DT.

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline said...

I love the design of this card. The stamp is beautiful. Wonderful combination with the colours and embelishments.
Jacqueline

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such pretty papers.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnuts's Patterned Paper Challenge this month.
Pauline
x