Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 29th birthday

** 7/13/15 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share with you today a 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project. I used a new stamp set and new papers, and some of the most beautiful 3 Girl JAM ribbon... London Blue ribbon from the Wine & Jewels Bundle and Sunflower Jute Ribbon from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack. Oh my goodness, this is some awesome ribbon!

I had the best time creating this birthday card for my BFF of 44 years. I haven't had this new stamp set very long and really wanted to use it. This vibrant little lady needed to be surrounded by some pretty colors, so I used some new Bohemian papers and cardstock, and paired them with the gorgeous 3 Girl JAM ribbon. 


I colored the stamped image with Spectrum Noir markers matching the colors in the papers, and layered it on some pretty die cuts embellished with some Glittered Gumdrops. I found a foam arrow in my stash (that I've had at least seven or eight years) and embellished it with some gemstones. And how about that big gorgeous bow?! ;)


I generally keep the insides of my cards simple but I wanted a pop of color to go with this funny sentiment, so I punched a 2" circle from the background paper used on the front. I'm still sitting here chuckling over this sentiment! Hahahaha! She's not 29 and I'm not 110 lbs! ;)


Happy to enter this fun card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla (#101650), Stampin' Up! Delightful Dijon (#138338), Stampin' Up! Bohemian Designer Series Paper (#138446)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Just Kidding stamp set (#140667)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir- IG4, IG5, FS1, GB6, GB9, BT5, PL3
  • Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Squares, Spellbinders Rounded Squares, Stampin' Up! 2" Circle Punch
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM London Blue ribbon from Wine & Jewels Bundle, 3 Girl JAM Sunflower Jute Ribbon from Jute Ribbon & String Pack, foam arrow from stash, gold gemstones, purple YNS Glittered Gumdrops, yellow brads from stash

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! There are two ways to $AVE when you shop at 3 Girl JAM this month - use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order OR use code JULY to add the gorgeous Summer Harvest Bundle to your regular price order for just $1.00! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. A super cute & fun card! Your friend will love it!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how Pretty Leslie! Wonderful design and color combo! Have a crafty Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card! Your friend will be very happy!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gave me a chuckle! I bet your friend is going to love this ;o) It's fabulous, fun and has great color combo. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun (I feel silly writing that, since I know you so well)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, isn't this a cute card! I love the image and the layout is super nice showing off the image. What a gorgeous bow you've made, too! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our July challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colorful card. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Pattern Paper Challenge. Come back again.
    Margaret G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card you make, lovely!
    Thanks for sharing in Crafting With An Attitude Challenge, hope to see you back again.
    Rebecca, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, super cute, your friend will love this card

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL super cute card, your friend will love this card,
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super quirky design, Leslie - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Leslie!! A great image and that sentiment just made me laugh out loud - literally!

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lesley hope your ok hun, thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at CCM&M.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely fun card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card! Love the image and the gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore July - Use A Stamp Or Digi Challenge and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I'm sorry for the incredibly late comment but I have had almost no access to the internet for so long! I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything so I decided to go back to where I left off, and I'm glad I did - I love this fun card!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog, I do hope you can join us again!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww such A gorgeous card i love the fun colours and the funny sentiment

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafting Musketeer's Challenge

    Krafty Hugs xx
    Kerrie (crafting musketeers DT)
    http://kerrie-kraftyfilofax-girl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D