Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Better With Age

** 8/15/15 Top 5 at House of Cards! **

Hello, all my crafty friends! I've some great news to share today... I've been invited to guest design with Crafting by Designs for the month of August! Woot-woot! How cool is that?! Come play with us in our August Anything Goes challenge!

As you have undoubtedly seen in many blog posts over the last couple months, I'm a fancy fold fiend.  ;) I made my first-ever teepee card for this challenge and I absolutely loved creating it! I've seen quite a few of them around blogland over the years and always thought they looked complicated. Well, NOT - they are super easy and sure pack a powerful punch!


I used three coordinating papers and a stamp duo from Gina K Designs. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir, cut out with a stitched circle die and layered on a slightly larger stitched circle die. I added a few tiny gemstones for a little interest. Love the sentiment - "Like a fine wine, our friendship gets better with age."


I outlined the entire image with a clear Wink of Stella pen which really makes it sparkle.


Here's the second side - more gorgeous paper and flat-back pearls.


And finally, here is a view of the third side. I just love these papers!


This teepee card unsnaps (I used a thin magnet closure) and folds flat for mailing. Love, love, love!


I'd love to enter my teepee card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White, Powder Blue and Navy; Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow (#133676); GKD Floral Essentials 6x6 paper pack
  • Stamps: GKD Better With Age stamp duo
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir- DG2, DG3, TB2, TB4
  • Dies/Punches: Memory Box Stitched Circles dies
  • Accessories: Wink of Stella clear pen, blue gemstones, white flat-back pearls, 1/2" magnet

I hope you've found some inspiration to play in our August Anything Goes challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Sooo Pretty! LOVE the design!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Judy V said...

Beautiful creation! Love the image and color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Beautiful....thank you for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday..
Hugs
Suzy B Owner
X

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Leslie, a super design with fabulous papers........your image is so beautifully coloured and lovely details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Mynn Kitchen said...

Very pretty! Your fold is absolutely fabulous--and your coloring is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

~ginny said...

Love that TeePee card - I have been wanting to try one! I like the sentiment layering too - I thought it was folded too, but it is pretty clear it is flat - COOL idea! Your coloring is first rate! We love that you share your designs & creativity at 613 Ave C – thank you!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave Create – [ ATG / Shabby Chic]
Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Donna said...

Fabulous fold and beautiful card. So glad you joined us at House of Cards. Donna HOC DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

This is beautiful! I love the fold on this card too, how fun!

Love the new family pics. Your granddaughter looks so sassy, beautiful young lady :o)

johanna E said...

What a nice card. I love the way you color it and the layout of it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

ann van dijk said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again.
DT-Anneke

Lillian A said...

What a great teepee card - and love the colors you chose to work with - absolutely stunning.

Mari Kocjancic said...

Wondeful card! I have never seen one like this before. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner this week!
-Mari K.
Crafty Gals DT

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card, great design