Monday, July 20, 2015

Across The Miles

** 7/26/15 Winner at 613 Avenue Create! **
** 8/2/15 Top 3 at Stitchy Bear Stamps on Facebook! **

Hi everyone! It's time for the fun to begin again over at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! I'm happy to share with you today my first of two DT inspiration projects for LTSCB #58 - Anything Goes! We are being sponsored this time by Sami Stamps, Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and Lost Coast Designs! How awesome is that?! And we know you love Anything Goes (wink-wink)!

I chose the awesome Rural Post Stamp & Paper Pack by Coosty Creations with Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet. I had THE best time creating this step card - what a fun fold! I've been on a fancy fold kick lately and when I picked my image and papers to play with for this challenge, I knew exactly what I was going to do! ;) I went for an old-timey vintage feel with this project.


I printed the image and sentiment on antique linen cardstock and matted them on brown cardstock. I filled the little corked bottle with white seed beads, gold micro marbles, and iridescent hearts and stars. FUN! ;)


These papers on the steps were part of the stamp and paper pack, also printed on antique linen and matted on brown cardstock. I added a clock face to the bottom step with the sentiment.


More paper from the stamp and paper pack, along with a foam arrow, silver nailheads and ticket ephemera on the left side.


The right side features a bottle cap, swirl and butterfly die cuts, and pearls. Did I mention how much fun I had putting this together?! :)


Would love to enter this fun card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Rural Post Stamp & Paper Pack by Coosty Creations with Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet, Paper Accents 120-lb Kraft, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip (#102128), Marco's Gold Venicelux, Marco's Ivory Antique Linen
  • Stamps: Rural Post Stamp & Paper Pack by Coosty Creations with Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- BG1, BG2, BG5, BG6, BG8
  • Dies/Punches: Spellbinders Classic Rectangles die, Stampin' Up! Butterflies Thinlits (#137360), Magnolia Doohickey Swirl die
  • Accessories: Studios Blackbird brown twine, foam arrow, Really Reasonable Ribbon 'Rustic Hues' from November Club Assortment, Tim Holtz vial (filled with Martha Stewarts iridescent hearts and stars, Blockheads gold micro marbles and white seed beads), Mark Richards silver nailheads, ticket, watch charm, bottle cap, Stampin' Up! pearl jewels (#119247)

I hope you've gotten a little inspiration today to create a project to enter in our Anything Goes challenge this time. Stay tuned for my second project using the awesome Coosty Creations papers. And be sure to check out all the fun stuff in the Sami StampsStitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and Lost Coast Designs stores! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

26 comments:

Lillian A said...

Appears to me that you've aced both the masculine and vintage feel of this creation, Leslie. Wonderful job!

Ann Chuang said...

This is so stunning and a beautiful design with so many gorgeous elements. I love vintage feel very much.

Anne Lise Johannessen said...

Thank You for making such a fabulous project using our images.

It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Love and best wishes

Anne Lise (Sponsor Co-Ordinator for Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet )

Mimi said...

Oh Leslie, what can I say, your creation is out of this world, so many wonderful elements hunny and your use of the Coosty Creations Rural Digital Stamp and Paper Pack in such a magnificent way have truly made my day. Thank you so much for all the love and creativity you have put into this project :) :) Big hugs, Jane (Coosty Creations) xxxxxxxx

Annette Reed said...

Love, Love, Love this! I am such a fan of vintage and it has a steampunk feel for me as well. Love all the embellishments. Can you find me a link to a tutorial? I would love to try this fold.

Scrapper69 said...

OMWORD!!! This is FABULOUS!! LOVE it! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Scrapper69 said...

OMWORD!!! This is FABULOUS!! LOVE it! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh I love this fabulous stepper card, so many great details to catch your eye. Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Lorraine DT

Michelle said...

Wow this card is amazing. Lovely vintage style and great details.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

JayBe said...

A stunning design, Leslie - I love all the little details. Thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Helen said...

Fab card, Leslie - love all the details you've added to it.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

~ginny said...

I can just see you Leslie - finding all the perfect things to put on your step card! The vial full of glittery hugs is a favorite for me! Nicely done toots! Delighted you are sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#136 – ATG + Sentiment]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Tammy Cochrane said...

Love this card Leslie! The paper has such an antique feel, and all the embellies.... wow!

Great Card!!
Tammy

ike said...

This is just stunning - love the design and it's awesome !! :-D
Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

Tracy Welham said...

Fantastic, love the embellishments you have picked. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you again soon. If you are on Facebook and haven't already joined the new Sisters of Craft group please pop in and say Hi, another great place to share your makes, win freebies, take part in mini challenges and much more. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

Heather said...

Such a fabulous looking card! Love the step folds and all the vintage elements combine so perfectly.

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Leslie this is a stunning center step design. Loving the masculine vintage feel.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Rose said...

Fabulous card love the shape and design. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck.
Rose DT x

Golden Goddess Designs said...

all the details are so lovely and thoughtful! this is just a great card all around! sent over from manly monday!!

Alicia

Carol said...

Love your masculine stepper, so much added detail. Carol x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I just saw your card over at Cindy's Manly Monday and wanted to come take a look. Wow, this looks amazing! So many wonderful details to look at! I love the step style as well!

lyn hitchcock said...

Thank you for sharing your stunning card with us at Simply Papercraft- hope to see you again soon
Lyn - DT

Meighan Wheller said...

Fabulous card. Love the layout and all the little details. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I absolutely LOVE this! The whole vintage look and all the little trinkets. Such a fun design too. Outstanding job of inspiration here!

Hanne M. said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous creation! I saw the link at cre8ivecindy's Manly Monday post and I love this step card! Great vintage look&feel and all those details are simply great! Thanks for the inspiration!