Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Merry Little Wish

Hey, everyone! Hope you're having a great week! I'm happy to share a couple CAS Christmas cards I created during my 'Christmas card frenzy' over the past few weeks. I am, without a shadow of a doubt, going to be finished nice and early this year with my Christmas cards! There is no better feeling!

These were so much fun and super easy. Both were created from one piece of cardstock. I cut an oval aperture in the front of each and then trimmed about 1/2" off the bottom of each. I cut scalloped borders from green polka dotted paper and affixed them to the bottom.


I used stamps from the Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees stamp set which I absolutely love. I stamped the trees, then the ornaments and finally the garland in Versamark and embossed it in gold. I punched the trees out with the coordinating Stampin' Up! tree punch. I punched several more trees from plain cardstock and layered four of them for each card. I stamped the stars in Versamark, embossed them in gold, and punched them with the coordinating Stampin' Up! itty bitty star punch. I put some Fun Foam on the backs of the trees and adhered them in the center of the oval aperture. I stamped the simple "A Merry Little Wish" sentiment on the front beneath the aperture.


I stamped the inside sentiment "For Lots of Joy at Christmas" near the top so it doesn't show when the card is closed. Cards not having lots of layers are difficult for me, so I feel like I accomplished something with these, lol! ;)


I'm happy to enter this pair of fun little Christmas cards into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Real Red (#102482), Stampin' Up! Trim The Tree (#135824)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees (#135059)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red (#126949), Stampin' Up! Garden Green (#126973), Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Versamark
  • Dies/Punches: Stampin' Up! Tree Punch (#135859), Spellbinders Classic Ovals die, SNS Small Scalloped Border die
  • Accessories: Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Green Stampendous Dot Sparklers, Fun Foam

I hope you've enjoyed these easy and fun projects! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Christina Hor said...

What lovely Christmas cards Leslie! I love the little Christmas tree you used with the oval cut-out. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Christina, GDT

Scrapper69 said...

Wonderful Christmas cards! Perfect for Mass producing! :0


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful Christmas card Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

Mari said...

I like the simplicity of your cards! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

Melanie said...

Lovely Christmas cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)

craftybunny said...

What great designs.Just love the traditional colours paired with the contemporary trees.Super cards.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous Christmas card... Love it
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this week
Hugs Sylvie x DT

Helene Siermans said...

I like cards that have a sentiment starting on the front of the card and finnishing on the inside! This one is great. Like the CAS design too.

Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Good luck!
Nick

Dora said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, love the clean style and colors. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xxx

kenli said...

Gorgeous cards, great colors and design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Cely said...

love the clean and simple look! Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Christmas in July challenge at Kitty Bee Designs!