As I mentioned in my last post, several weeks ago my sister shared a link for a "faux tile" tutorial using Avery labels. You really don't need a tutorial for this - it's super easy. The label sheets are already a workable size although you could cut them down if you wanted to.
This is the second project sample I created for my StampTV background challenge while playing with the new Flowers & Frames StampTV kit! I used the pointed-petal flower stamps (small stamped inside large) along with the dandelion and leaf sprig stamps from the Frame & Flowers 1 stamp set for this background, in shades of blue, orange, deep pink and green, randomly stamped on the label sheet. The sentiment is from the Frame & Flowers 2 stamp set, cut and layered with classic oval and scalloped oval dies.
Same as before, when stamping is complete, working from one of the corners, gently peel the white label sheet from the backing, making sure all the labels remain intact. Trim the edges and layer, affix to a card base and embellish as desired. The tutorial does not suggest this, but I used a clear window sheet over top of my labels and attached it with tiny staples. I used some natural twine looped under the sentiment oval which I affixed with large 3-D foam squares.
Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #109 - Anything Goes
- Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog: #147 - Make Your Mark
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: #149 - Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: June 2nd Challenge - Theme/Anything Goes, Stash/You Choose
- Craft Stamper: June Challenge - Take a Technique/Texture
- Crafting By Designs: June Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Anything Goes in June
- Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog: #154 - Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #230 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Fresh Asparagus
- Stamps: GKD Frame & Flowers 1 and 2 stamp sets
- Ink: SU Tangelo Twist (#133646), SU Tangerine Tango (#126946), SU Soft Sky (#131181), SU Marina Mist (#126962), SU Rose Red (126954), SU Old Olive (#126953), SU Pear Pizzazz (#131180)
- Dies: SB Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies
- Accessories: #5418 Avery labels, SU Window Sheet (#114323), Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tiny Attacher, Studios Blackbird Natural Twine