** 6/15/15 Design Team Favorite at Loves Rubberstamps! **
Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to be hosting this week's StampTV Challenge! Thanks so much to Karen Hightower for inviting me to play again! My challenge theme this week is Own Your Background so let's see what kind of fabulous background you can create on your project! Come play with us for a chance to win an awesome grab bag of Gina K Designs goodies! If you aren't a member of StampTV, come on over and join - it's free and loads of fun!
Several weeks ago my sister shared a link for a "faux tile" tutorial using Avery labels. Well, you know me... I see something that looks like fun and I don't rest until I've made one! Or in this case, two! LOL! You really don't need a tutorial for this - it's super easy. The label sheets are already a workable size although you could cut them down if you wanted to.
I've been playing with the new Flowers & Frames StampTV kit! I used the large two-step rose and triple leaf stamps from the Frame & Flowers 2 stamp set for this background, in shades of teal and green, randomly stamped on the label sheet. The sentiment is from the Frame & Flowers 1 stamp set, cut and layered with Stitched Circle Layer dies.
When stamping is complete, working from one of the corners, gently peel the white label sheet from the backing, making sure all the labels remain intact. Trim the edges and layer, affix to a card base and embellish as desired. The tutorial does not suggest this, but I used a clear window sheet over top of my labels and attached it with brads in all four corners. I used some natural twine looped under the sentiment circle which I affixed with large 3-D foam squares.
Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #109 - Anything Goes
- Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog: #147 - Make Your Mark
- Brown Sugar Challenge Blog: #149 - Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: June 2nd Challenge - Theme/Anything Goes, Stash/You Choose
- Craft Stamper: June Challenge - Take a Technique/Texture
- Crafting By Designs: June Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Anything Goes in June
- Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog: #154 - Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #230 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Fresh Asparagus
- Stamps: GKD Frame & Flowers 1 and 2 stamp sets
- Ink: SU Lost Lagoon (#133644), SU Coastal Cabana (#131175), SU Old Olive (#126953), SU Pear Pizzazz (#131180)
- Dies: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers
- Accessories: #5418 Avery labels, SU Window Sheet #114323), teal brads, Studios Blackbird Natural Twine
Stay tuned for a second faux tile project with more stamps from the Flowers & Frames StampTV kit that I'm posting separately! :)