Monday, June 1, 2015

One day in the country

Good morning, everyone! I'm happy to share with you my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #55 - Male Call! Our wonderful sponsors are Lawn Fawn, Imagine That! digis by Kris and Stamps on Fire! Come play with us - we want to see a masculine project this time!

I chose the awesome Cowboy Boot - Cactus Planter by Imagine That! digis by Kris for my cowboy birthday card. L.O.V.E. this image and really enjoyed putting this card together. I'm kinda sad, though, because I think I used the last piece of tan denim paper in my stash. I bought several packs of this paper a number of years ago after searching high and low for it, and I'm down to the last few sheets of mainly blue and some pink and green. I've thoroughly enjoyed it! ;)

I paired some die cuts with the matted image to keep this relatively simple. Masculine cards are very challenging for me. It's so difficult to not use girly papers, ribbon and bling but I think I've managed to do okay with this one! LOL!


This sentiment is an oldie and has been around a while, and goes very nicely with this awesome image. I can so relate! My hubby and I intend to retire out west one of these days and get away from the city life.


I kept the inside simple, as I usually do. I printed one of the digital sentiments included with the image set on a panel that I layered.


Proud to enter my cowboy card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Premium White, GKD Dark Chocolate, scraps of kraft, green and mustard from stash; tan denim paper from stash
  • Stamps: Cowboy Boot - Cactus Planter digital image and sentiment from Imagine That! digis by Kris
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- EB1, EB2, EB6, OR1, CT4, DG2, DG3
  • Dies: Spellbinders Postage Stamp, Lil Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag
  • Accessories: Mustard square eyelets

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and will be able to play in our masculine challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun stuff at Lawn FawnImagine That! digis by Kris and Stamps on Fire! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! :)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

frezja said...

oooo, so cute and male !! :) great job Leslie :)

Annette Reed said...

Love it! Great layout and image. Another job well done!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH!!! Sooo CUTE!!! My SIL is from Texas and she would love this card!!! Awesome image and fun Design!!! :) Have A Crafty Day!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges and good luck!
Monica - DT

Chriss America Real said...

This is sooooo cute!

Ema M said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Heather said...

I think this is a fabulous Man card! And I can see why you love that paper; it looks so real.

Pillan said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
/Pillan, DT

Cristina - La Marmotta Creativa - said...

Hi Leslie!!!Beautiful!!!!!Thanks so much for playing this time at Craft your Passion!
Hugs
Cristina DT

Kris said...

Fabby card Leslie!! Love your bg papers and layout. Have you ever tried digi papers? Once you have it you can print it out as many times as you want - you'll never run out. Although you might run out of ink eventually, lol. I might just work on a colored denim pack soon. I love that tan one too! :) I loved seeing all the DT's cards for this challenge - so happy to be one of the sponsors.
xxKris
Imagine That! digis by Kris

Ann Chuang said...

What a fabulous creation! Love all the layout.