Monday, June 29, 2015

have the best Easter ever!

** 7/13/15 Top 5 at Crafty Cardmakers and more! **

Hi everyone! It's summer and it's hot, so let's break it up a bit! The Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog Design Team is happy to bring you our "NO RULZ!" Blog Hop! We're being sponsored by River City Rubber Works! Come hop with us for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate!

As you hop, leave comments! The more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win!

All of the LTSCB designers are creating Anything Goes inspiration projects for our blog hop. Everyone participating in the blog hop is invited to link up a 'NO RULZ' project for extra entry/entries into the drawing! NO RULES for this challenge!

Okay, let me side-track for a minute to showcase my project! I chose the adorable Bunny & Chocolate Raisin digi for my somewhat clean and simple whimsical Easter card. River City Rubber Works has a wide variety of stamps, from serious to funny (and everything in between), and when I saw this one I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I have a warped sense of humor and thought it was great! ;)


I kept the overall design simple. I created a kraft card base that I scored lines on in the upper left and lower right corners for a little interest. I layered the image on brown Core-dinations cardstock that I tore to reveal the kraft core above and below the image. I wrapped some brown twine around the bottom of the image and tied it in a knot, and finished the front with some Rox gemstones.


I kept the inside simple as well, with a sentiment printed in brown.


Happy to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: The Paper Cut Brown Bag cardstock, Marco's Cream Antique Linen, Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostaglic Collection, GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Dark Chocolate
  • Stamps: River City Rubber Works Bunny & Chocolate Raisin
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart score board, Studios Blackbird brown twine, Queen & Co. Chocolate Delight Rox gemstones, Fun Foam

All right, let's get back to the Blog Hop! Here are your stops:

Ann
Annette
Aunty Sue
Brenda
Cristina
Heather
Julie
                     Leslie (you're here)
Tammy
Tina

We hope you are enjoying the hop and if you get lost along the way - or if you landed here in the middle of the hop and want to join in the fun - head over to the Love To Scrap!Challenge Blog to read all the details and start from the beginning! Remember to leave comments... the more comments you leave, the more chances to win the River City Rubber Works gift certificate! Happy Hopping!
Hugs,
Leslie

35 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

oh what a great and cute easter card love it Leslie

Lo Scatolone di Dodò said...

Too funny easter card!

NanaConnie said...

That has to be the funniest Easter sentiment ever, Leslie! You definitely gave me my morning laugh today. :-D

Scrapper69 said...

What a Fun Card! LOVE that Sentiment! :) Have a Crafty Day!

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Hahaha! This is adorable and funny Easter card! Too cute :o)

Maia said...

Simple but very funny and gorgeous this little card!
Have a happy crafty summer week!
Greetings Maia

Lillian A said...

LOL - this is so cute, Leslie, and a real smile maker of a card !!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I was sitting here giggling when my husband asked me what I was doing. He even laughed when I read him the sentiment. LOL! I love cards that bring joy and this one certainly will!

BrendaB said...

LOL! This is just too funny - I love it!

sammi said...

Cute card! Love the sentiment! LOL. Thanks for adding a touch of humor to this hop!

Jennifer Earley said...

Lol, love the sentiment! Great embellies on the card, too!

Betta said...

Davvero simpatica!!!
Il sentiment adattissimo!!!! ;-))
Kissssssssssssssssss

Sabina G. said...

Cute image and great card.

frezja said...

great card Leslie :) love it :)

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Funny. Love the simple line drawing and the humorous sentiment.

Ann Chuang said...

So cute and funny card!

Helene Siermans said...

Super cute! Love the distressed edges.

Thanks for a great blog hop too!
Nick

Karen McAlpine said...

LOL!! Have to watch out for those choco covered treats! Super fun card! Like the torn edges.

Julie S said...

I love this card Leslie, it's so cute and quirky!

Tammy Cochrane said...

What a fun Easter card! That sentiment is too funny :)

I love all the techniques you packed into your CAS design!

Fabulous Leslie!!

Tammy

E. Marie said...

Very cute. Guess my sense of humor is like yours - I would have to use this one, too. So funny.

Annette Reed said...

So cute!! Love the gemstones and kraft. Adorable card!

Heather said...

This is super cute! And I love the layout; I never think about torn edges anymore and it really is a great touch.

kleidosbastelstueble said...

what a cute bunny. Nice Card!!!

Hugs Doris

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous creation!

JennyH said...

LOL so cute Leslie, love the sentiment : )

Josephine said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Simone said...

Great card! I love the C&S design!
Simone

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely CAS card. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew
Hugs, Yvonne

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Hehe, that title threw me, I thought I was on the wrong post! What a clever Easter sentiment. So funny. Love your sweet Easter card. Hugs, Wends x

Lisa Mensing said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing at CIO for Your Style Challenge.
Lisa DT
The Crafting Cave

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely easter card, such a cute sentiment
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

JayBe said...

What a fun design - great to see you back at the Alphabet Challenge, hun - thanx for sharing.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

J said...

What a lovely fun card - Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

Jackie

Wendy Russell said...

Fabulous project. Thanks for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge ATG. Wendy (DT).xx