Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Christmas with a Twist!

Hi everyone! I'm so stoked to be hosting this week's challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog! We're being sponsored by Sparkle N Sprinkle! And have I got some fun in store for you (wink-wink)! My theme is Christmas with a Twist and you are welcome to create any kind of Christmas project as your basic entry into the challenge. Then, as my theme suggests, the twist comes into play... if you want an EXTRA entry into the challenge, let's see some veggie stamping on your project! Hahahaha - yep, you read that right... stamping with a vegetable will earn you an extra entry! So c'mon and play with us for a chance to win an awesome prize from Sparkle N Sprinkle!

I chose the absolutely gorgeous Christmas Poinsettia digital image set from Sparkle N Sprinkle for my diorama pop-up Christmas cards. I LOVE this fold - I've made several of these over the past couple months and I just love them! So much fun!


The front features a pretty scalloped border, hand-cut flag and layered sentiment. And, of course, it needed one of my big signature bows, some flat-back pearls and some stamping. ;)



Here's a view of the inside: A gorgeous poinsettia seen through the round aperture, a Merry Christmas sentiment, and a panel I created by stamping with a baby carrot! Pretty cool, huh?!


This top view shows the pop-up construction when the card is opened. It folds flat for mailing. Love, love, love!


I made three of these because that's how many inside bottom panels I was able to cut from my veggie-stamped cardstock. :)


Here is the baby carrot and ink I used. I cored the center of the carrot with a paring knife and stamped a pattern in rows with red ink, then used my index finger to 'paint' the centers of each stamped image with green ink.


Happy to enter one of these veggie-stamped pop-up diorama Christmas cards into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up Real Red (#102482), Stampin' Up! Garden Green (#102584), Bella Blvd Christmas Wishes 6x6 paper
  • Stamps: Sparkle N Sprinkle Christmas Poinsettia digital image set, Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics (#137154)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red (#126949), VersaColor Cardinal Red, VersaMagic Hint of Pesto, Spectrum Noir- CG4, DG3, DR1, CR11
  • Dies: Spellbinders Classic Circles
  • Accessories: Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, white flat-back pearls, baby carrot

I hope you've found some inspiration to play in my Christmas challenge this week! And consider grabbing a veggie from your crisper to stamp on your project to earn an extra entry! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH!!!! This is sooo Beautiful Leslie!! Wonderful Christmas Card! Have a Crafty Day!!! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Creative M said...

WOW!!A Gorgeous Christmas card!!Beautiful ribbon!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Denice said...

What an awesomely creative card...love your bow-bearing, carrot stamped diorama card! This is pretty on so many levels! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope you'll join us for more of our weekly challenges.

Sherry said...

gorgeous card thanxx for joining us this week at lil patch of crafty friends
Sherry@LPOCF DT

pinky said...

These are just brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Bonnie Taylor said...

This is so creative! I will have to try veggie stamping one day! Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion:)
~ Bonnie DT

Judy McKay said...

Love the card. That bow is so beautiful. I need a lesson. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy designs this week. Judy DT

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Oh this is very cool! Pretty Xmas (even though I'm not ready to think about that yet lol) Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!
Jennifer, DT

Helen said...

Great ideas and a fab card.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen x

CraftingMum said...

Beautiful cards great use of a carrot! thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x