Friday, June 5, 2015

a thousand thanks

** 6/9/15 Featured Project at Little Red Wagon! **

Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to share with you today another 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project. I created a mixed media canvas several weeks ago that I enjoyed so much, I just had to get out the supplies and do some more! I started another canvas this past weekend that's about half done... to be finished and posted soon... and created this mixed media card thank you card with watercolor, texture paste and stamping.

I used the absolutely gorgeous Clover crinkle ribbon from the Sunny Meadow Bundle. Green has been my favorite color since I can remember and sometimes I just can't get enough of it! I watercolored the background with a light green ink on watercolor paper, then mixed my texture paste with a little bit of medium green ink tapped onto my craft sheet that I "schloshed" onto a stencil, then finally randomly stamped the grunge effects in dark green ink. 


I layered a double row of the gorgeous green ribbon horizontally across the front just beneath the stenciled texture paste, added a multi loop bow and some sequins.


I also grunged up the inside and layered the stamped panel on some dark green cardstock.


Happy to enter my mixed media thank you card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up! Watercolor Paper (#122959), Stampin' Up! Whisper White (#100730), Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow (#133676)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lots of Thanks (#129690), Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge (#130517)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Wild Wasabi (#126959), Stampin' Up! Garden Green (#126973), Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow (#133645)
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Clover ribbon from the Sunny Meadow Bundle, Hero Arts Zig Zag Stencil, Fun Foam, Glossy Accents, Stampin' Up! Frosted Sequins (3135835)

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! There are two ways to $AVE when you shop at 3 Girl JAM this month - use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order OR use code JUNE to add the gorgeous Sunny Meadow Bundle to your regular price order for just $1.00! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

17 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! WOWZER Leslie!!!!! I just LOVE how this turned out!!! Now Green is not my favorite color... Blue is... but this is seriously Very COOL! :) Have a Wonderful Day! :)


Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Georgiana said...

This is totally amazing. Love that background you created!

Sally Dodger said...

Hi Leslie, I love your green colour scheme for this card, its really beautiful.
The texture paste looks fabulous and your perfect chocolate box bow is a work of art in itself. Sally.x.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a cool background you created!! Fabulous gorgeous bow too! It seems simple, but bold...if that makes sense. Anyway, I love the design :o)

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Tanja said...

love that color combo and your pretty fluffy bow - thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a fantastic card. I love the design. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 18 “Anything Goes”. Hugs Jackie DT

Gio said...

I enjoyed, it's a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at TIMI challenge! :-)

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Love the gorgeous bow! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Blankina said...

What a fab card...happy to see you again at Loves Rubberstamps,
Hugs Blankina

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely CAS card, love the colors too! Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

Helene Siermans said...

This is awesome! I love love love the pretty bow! Like the CAS design and the stamping is smashing!

Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick

Heather said...

Wow!!!What a fun card and so glad you were able to join us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Amy Cohen said...

Gorgeous...love the green too! and the sequins are a perfect addition. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Sharon said...

What a lovely creation.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, we hope to see you again soon.
Sharon DT
ewe2cancraft.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Fabulous card .... love the colour! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ... good luck! Linda

cm said...

WOW! Your card is a work of art, with the amazing stenciling, the lovely colour and the gorgeous bow. Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c