Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Merry Little Wish

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at 3 Girl JAM! I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for our July Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge! Come play with us! You could be the proud winner of a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store! Before I get to my project, let me tell you about this month's special offer - with any regular price purchase made in July, you can add the amazing Summer Harvest Bundle (Raspberry and Blueberry) to your cart for just $1.00! Yep, you read that right... $1.00! Use the code JULY to take advantage of this awesome deal!

I created a fun Christmas card featuring a simple bow created from Moss Jute String from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack. I created this whimsical tree with scraps left over from a series of other Christmas cards I've been creating. I've been on a roll and getting a giant head-start on my cards this year! ;)  I was clearing off the table, getting ready to throw a pile of these strips away and realized I could (and should) use them. I cut a few down, laid them out on a piece of linen cardstock, and my card was born! How stinkin' cute is this?! And you have to admit, that Jute String bow sets it off!


I stamped, embossed and punched the star for the top of the tree and affixed a clear epoxy star over top of it. I stamped a simple sentiment on the bottom of the tree, and added the simple Moss Jute String bow on the trunk.


I kept the inside simple with a stamped sentiment on a layered panel.


Proud to enter this Christmas card into the following challenges

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Marco's White Antique Linen, Stampin' Up! Real Red (#102482) scraps, Stampin' Up! Trim The Tree (#135824) scraps, Marco's Gold Venicelux scrap, small brown scrap from stash
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees (#135059)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip (#126979)
  • Dies/Punches:  Star Punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (#133787)
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Moss Jute String from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack, Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers (#137856), Green Stampendous Dot Sparklers, Fun Foam

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge this month! And I do hope you'll stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies and take advantage of the July special! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how Pretty!! LOVE the Christmas tree!!! So Fun! Have a Crafty Day! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Creative M said...

I love this idea! Pretty card and its Fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Judy McKay said...

Lovely tree - very nice CAS card. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy designs this week. Judy DT

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant Christmas card I love how you have created that amazing tree, superb card thank you for joining the challenge at CHNC Extra
hugs
lorraine x

Lynne K said...

This is gorgeous! Great way to make a tree. I am in awe of anyone who can motivate herself to make Christmas cards in June! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Sherry said...

Thanxx For Joining Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends This Challenge.Great Card ..
Sherry @ LPOCF DT

brenda said...

A great card for our dies and punches theme Leslie and what super use of paper offcuts.

It lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge, good luck!!!

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting Tracy x

Jennifer Earley said...

Love your tree! Great way to use some scraps! Love the stamps too!

Lillian A said...

What a fantastic use of scraps, Leslie, not to mention a jump on holiday cards. Wow, each card can be amazingly different just by using different patterned papers - a great inspiration idea to pass along!

JayBe said...

I love your creative design, Leslie - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx