I'm happy to share a project I created for Challenge #42 - Techniques. Come play with us - we want to see a project you create using any kind of technique! For my Thinking of You note card, I used the CAS (clean and simple) technique along with an uncolored image and dry embossing on patterned paper which, in and of itself, is a very cool technique that can yield some mild to very dynamic results.
I generally don't leave images uncolored but I really liked that look on this CAS card. I layered the image on some gold and navy cardstock which is one of my favorite color combos (my high school colors). I wrapped some navy twine several times and tied it in a bow. I used a wire fence embossing folder to emboss the patterned paper. The nice thing about this card is that it could be given to either a male or female.
I kept the inside simple as well, just stamping some tall grass (from the same stamp set) in the lower left corner, leaving plenty of room to write a note. I added several series of three dots around the tops of the grass for a little interest.
I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:
- ABC Challenge: J is for Jewels
- Craft My Life: All Crafts Challenge April/May
- Craft Your Passion: #261 - Always Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon: #289 - Make an Impression
- Addicted to CAS: #63 - Birds
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Anything Goes for May!
- Incy Wincy Designs: The Great Outdoors
- Scribble and Scrap: #44 - Always Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too: #85 - Favorite Color Combo (another one is blue/gold)
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #106 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: May 2015 Challenge
- Party Time Tuesday: #198 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory; Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry (#131199), Stampin' Up! Night of Navy (#100867), Stampin' Up! Moonlight Designer Series Paper Pack (#133701)
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Wetlands (#126697)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Darice Wire Fence embossing folder, Studios Blackbird navy twine, YNS navy glittered gumdrops, fun foam, black micron pen
I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project using a technique that you'll enter in our challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)