Friday, May 15, 2015

Thinking of You

Hi everyone! I'm back to play in another fun challenge as a guestie for Scrapping4fun Challenges! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, a couple of my cards were featured several challenges back so I was invited to guest design. What fun! So excited to be creating along side their very talented design team! :)

I'm happy to share a project I created for Challenge #42 - Techniques. Come play with us - we want to see a project you create using any kind of technique! For my Thinking of You note card, I used the CAS (clean and simple) technique along with an uncolored image and dry embossing on patterned paper which, in and of itself, is a very cool technique that can yield some mild to very dynamic results.


I generally don't leave images uncolored but I really liked that look on this CAS card. I layered the image on some gold and navy cardstock which is one of my favorite color combos (my high school colors). I wrapped some navy twine several times and tied it in a bow. I used a wire fence embossing folder to emboss the patterned paper. The nice thing about this card is that it could be given to either a male or female.


I kept the inside simple as well, just stamping some tall grass (from the same stamp set) in the lower left corner, leaving plenty of room to write a note. I added several series of three dots around the tops of the grass for a little interest.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory; Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry (#131199), Stampin' Up! Night of Navy (#100867), Stampin' Up! Moonlight Designer Series Paper Pack (#133701)
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Wetlands (#126697)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Darice Wire Fence embossing folder, Studios Blackbird navy twine, YNS navy glittered gumdrops, fun foam, black micron pen

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project using a technique that you'll enter in our challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the uncolored image. It's stand out more with the yellow background paper.
Thank you for your lovely GD entry.
Hugs
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Nice card! I love the clean design!
I saw you join the challenge at Party Time Tuesdays. Good luck!
Hugs, Jacqueline

Colette said...

Beautiful card Leslie. I have a similar stamp by The Rubber Stamp Gallery. Lovely colours used too! :o) x

Lisa J said...

CAS is one of my favourite Styles. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge

Carolyn Wolff said...

Very nicely done. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Love this stamp it makes me long for the ocean! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please play with us again.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Loving this card! It's a fabulous CAS card!

Isobel said...

Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , great card
Good luck x

Hillary Harris said...

Lovely! The colors are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Deepti said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Beth F said...

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x