Monday, May 18, 2015

Sunshine on a Stem

Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #54 - Anything Goes! Come play with us! We know you love some Anything Goes (wink-wink)! Our fabulous sponsors this time are Bugaboo Digi StampsSparkle N Sprinkle and Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More!

I chose the beautiful Sunflowers digi set from Sparkle N Sprinkle to create a flower pot pocket card that is just too cute! The pot is basically a sideways Z-fold. You know how I love fun folds and am always looking for out-of-the-ordinary projects. I found my inspiration when I saw the tutorial for this in a Splitcoast Stampers newsletter several weeks ago and thought it looked like such fun! ;)


I cut the sunflowers with my Silhouette and colored them up with a few Spectrum Noir markers. The sunflowers are adhered to the card that slides down into the pocket which you'll see in minute.


 I used some of my all-time favorite Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon in a golden orange color to wrap around the flower pot and to create a big gorgeous bow. Since I'm using Sparkle N Sprinkle image and sentiments, I thought this project needed some sparkle, so I added a pretty hummingbird charm to the center of the bow and affixed some Dot Sparklers to the scallops across the rim of the flower pot. I cut the front sentiment with a stitched sentiment flag die.


Here's a shot of the card out of the pocket. How cute is that?! :D


I love sunflowers and always have... they are one of my favorite flowers! And I just L.O.V.E. this sentiment!


One last photo before sliding the card back into the pocket...


So happy to enter this flower pot pocket card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Tomato Soup cardstock, Bo Bunny Autumn Song paper (scrap)
  • Stamps: Sparkle N Sprinkle Sunflowers digi set
  • Ink: Spectrum Noir- GB7/10, CT4, CG2
  • Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag die, Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies
  • Accessories: Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, hummingbird charm, Stampendous Red Dot Sparklers

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Hope you've found a little inspiration to create an Anything Goes project for our challenge this time! Be sure to check out all the fun stuff at Bugaboo Digi StampsSparkle N Sprinkle and Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More! We'll see you later! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

18 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

This is awesome leslie great project again this week

Annette Reed said...

Fantastic! This is really pretty. I love it all!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

How adorable! I love this design of happy flowers in a pot. By the way, your flowers are beautifully colored. Love the sentiment too.

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card

Tammy Cochrane said...

Leslie,
I love your take on a flower pot card! I have wanted to do one for some time. ...Definitely adding this to my list!

frezja said...

Fantastic card, yeey 😄

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, what a great shape. I love the sunflowers and the beautiful ribbon bow. Thank you for of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

crafty said...

Really pretty card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers And More. Mary

Gerrina said...

What a great shaped card! And love the sunflowers! Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations!

Sally Dodger said...

Hi Leslie, a beautiful card. I love the way the beautiful sunflowers slide out of the pot to reveal the sentient. Gorgeous colour theme and the ribbon with the hummingbird charm is wonderful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and I love the sunny colours.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge.
Sue xx

Lisette Baker said...

So pretty and summery.Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Lynne K said...

Stunning sunflowers! A lovely bright and cheerful design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Theresa Burnham said...

Hi Leslie, a fantastic card, love the concept.
Thank you for joining the Spring challenge at TTPH

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Heather said...

Ooo . . Leslie, this really is so fun!! Those sunflowers are so pretty and this is such a great design for a flower card.

Lin said...

What a fabulous cheerful design, so full of sunshine. Lovely to see you!

Thanks for sharing in our Shaped Card challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Dawn said...

Oh how delightful, such gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze this time. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn DT
http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com