Saturday, May 2, 2015

Perpetual Calendar

** 5/4/15 Top 3 at Incy Wincy Designs! **
** 5/6/15 Top 3 at Craft Your Passion Challenges! **
** 5/13/15 Spotlight Winner at Ruby's Rainbow! **
** 5/30/15 Spotlight DT Favorite at Crafting By Designs! **
**6/1/15 Winner at Sisters of Craft! **

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at 3 Girl JAM! I'm super stoked to share my DT inspiration project for our May Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge! Come play with us! You could be the proud winner of a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store! Before I get to my project, let me tell you about this month's special offer - with any regular price purchase made in May, you can add the amazing Pink & White Bundle (Cherry Lipstick & Antique White) to your cart for just $1.00! Yep, you read that right... $1.00! Use the code MAY to take advantage of this awesome deal!

My inspiration for this fun project came from my new friend and LTSCB design teammate, Tammy, who posted the tutorial on her blog which you can see HERE. I've seen several perpetual calendars on Pinterest and really wanted to make one for my desk at work, so when I saw her version, my mojo took off! Thank you, Tammy! I did make a couple modifications - I added two additional tabs to each block so they would be totally enclosed, and made the numbers on each block 0,1,2,3,4,5 and 0,1,2,6,7,8. 


I picked out some 3 Girl JAM Gold Cord from the Holiday Trim Bundle and Sunflower Jute Ribbon from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack, then selected my papers, stamps and matching inks.



In addition to the stamped and punched flowers, I used a variety of embellishments that really added to the character of this project - some bingo cards, a clock charm, a bow die cut with a handmade jeweled center, leaf die cut and a glittered air dry clay rose as shown in this photo.



I added several flourish die cuts,a couple skeleton leaves and some WOC stem flowers.



In the lower left corner is a button I made from air dry clay. You an also see the pretty double loop of Gold Cord, the gemstone and pearl centers on all the flowers and a couple more die cut leaves.



Here you can see the pretty loop of Yellow Jute on the right side along with a smaller air dry clay button, and a die cut butterfly perched on a giant silver sequin.



And here are all the day and month blocks. This was so much fun - I think I'm going to make a few more of these for Christmas gifts (wink-wink) but shhhh... don't tell anybody! LOL! 



So happy to enter this fun project in the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Paper Accents 120# Kraft cardstock, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 double-sided 6x6 papers, Bingo Cards from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss double-sided 6x6 papers
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Flower Shop
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray (#126981), Hello Honey (#133643), Lost Lagoon (#133644), Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dies: Stampin' Up! Butterflies Thinlits die set (#137360), Impression Obsession Large Bow die, Magnolia Doohickeys Leaf & Swirl dies, Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Gold Cord from the Holiday Trim Bundle and Sunflower Jute Ribbon from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack, Stampin' Up! Pansy Punch (#130698), Stampin' Up! White Simply Pressed Clay (#130685), Stampin' Up! Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Molds (#131272), Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist, DecoColor Liquid Silver paint pen, silver wire, Glossy Accents, assorted gemstones and flat-back pearls, Wild Orchid Crafts clock charm, Darice giant sequin, skeleton leaves, green felt numbers

I hope you've found some inspiration to create a project for our Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge this month! And I do hope you'll stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies and take advantage of the May special! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

19 comments:

  1. Oh how stunning!! I love the colors and the bouquet you created on top. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie I loved the calendar! You've inspired me to make one myself! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion#259! Hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great project! I really like the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an awesome project! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful floral creation for this weeks theme Leslie, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Leslie..this is amazing. So beautiful with wonderful colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous project, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your calendar! It came out so cute!!!
    I am honoured that you were inspired by my project :)
    Thanks Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMHEAVENS!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I seriously LOVE this project!!! Amazing! :)


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful calendar project! Your details are so pretty! Thanks for joining the Loves Rubberstamps challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous box Thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons Challenge good luck Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful way to not only have a callender on your desk, but have flowers on your desk all year aswell! Looks great! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazingly detailed calendar, Leslie ... your layered flowers are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning calendar; have not seen any this decorated before! Thanks for playing along with Crafty Ribbons "anything goes with ribbon" this fortnight and welcome back!
    La Vikinga // Member of the Design Team at Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is gorgeous ..always wanted to make one.your project is so inspiring
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful project. Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are creative and busy!! This is adorable and fantastic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this project, so pretty and such a great idea. Also love all your kitties xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D