Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

** 5/12/15 Top 3 at Creative Card Crew! **

Hi everyone! I'm really happy to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project with you this morning - my first-ever tunnel card that I created for LTSCB #53 - A Stitch In Time! Come play with us! We want to see stitching - either real or faux - on your project! We're being sponsored this time by Lacy Sunshine Stamps, Heartfelt Creations and Angie's Digital Stamps!

My inspiration for this project came from Sandy Genovese - I subscribe to her weekly project video tutorials - and this looked like so much fun I just HAD to make one! It was very labor-intensive but I loved every single minute of it! It's my daughter's Mother's Day card and I know she is going to love it! ;)


I used my Silhouette and one of my all-time favorite Gina K Designs stamp sets to create these gorgeous flowers which I colored with Spectrum Noir markers.


I purchased the fence cut file from the Silhouette store just for this project. The bird stamp is from the same GKD stamp set as the flowers. I stamped the Mother's Day sentiment on a stitched circle layer die cut adhered to a slightly larger one and cut off even with the bottom of the window. I stamped the With Love sentiment on a stitched sentiment flag die cut.


Here's a shot of the inside so you can see the general shape of the construction. I sponged clouds on the blue background paper but you can't see them very well. But they are there, lol!


Proud to enter my tunnel card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Fresh Asparagus cardstock, Recollections Bold Basics paper pad
  • Stamps: GKD Spring Blessings stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Memento Summer Sky ink; Spectrum Noir- DG2/3/4, CT4, CR1, FS8/9, LG4/5, TB2/3, BP1/2, BT3/4
  • Dies: Memory Box Stitched Circle Layers, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag die
  • Accessories: Silhouette fence cut file, 

I sure hope you've found a little inspiration today to create a project with either real or faux stitching for our challenge this time! Be sure to visit Lacy Sunshine StampsHeartfelt Creations and Angie's Digi Stamps to check out all the fun images, stamps and other crafting goodies! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

25 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

This is such a fab card with all the layers giving it the real wow factor. have a great day. Hugs from UK

Scrapper69 said...

Beautiful Mother's Day Card!!!! LOVE, LOVE the depth & details! :)

Theresa
Scrappers Anonymous

Heather said...

This is really cool! I don't know that I've seen one of these before, and I have definitely not attempted one! Such a beautiful little scene you created with all those pretty flowers.

sandie said...

amazing design, so very creative and gorgeous bright colours. Thaks for joining us at TO

brenda said...

A super bright and happy card Leslie, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

JanR said...

Loving those bright flowers! Cool shape too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Mamma Mia said...

This is a wonderful card Leslie and I'm sure your daughter will love it! I don't know that I've seen a card of this style before but it makes a great scene. Thanks for sharing your creativity at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
Helen x (DT)

Julie said...

What a lovely calendar. Thanks for joining us in our Things With Wings challenge at Aud Sentiments
Julie t

~ginny said...

A Tunnel card that is extraordinary - with a field of big, bold, beautiful flowers in vibrant colors layered deep into the card. Love your foreground of the cut fence with a bird sitting on the sentiment. A lot of time and energy has gone into the construction of this beautifully executed piece!
Delighted you are sharing this project & your creativity at Aud Sentiments!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#130 – Things with Wings]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Amy Ottmers said...

Such a cute card!!! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT

Colette said...

I adore this card Leslie, the colour of the flowers really makes them pop! Colette :o)

Lisa Babitz said...

Very pretty! Your card design is awesome with all the layers. Beautiful images, too. Thanks for joining us over at Perfectly Rustics.

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, just perfect for this weeks challenge
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'April Showers Bring May Flowers' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cathie Borowski said...

I love the colours, I love the layout, I love everything about this card so I might have to CAS you. Thanks for joining us for the Perfectly Rustics use three of something challenge. Cathie DT

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful Lesley - gorgeous colours and layout - hugs Michelle x

Jan Ltc said...

This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

WOW!!! Amazing card for your daughter! I love the design of this pop-in card. Your flowers are beautiful :o)

8upscrapin said...

this is a WOW for sure , love the design you created , very awesome .Thanks for joining Chocolate Coffee and Cards for challenge # 90 Spring has Sprung. DT - Crystal

Tamie said...

Wicked creation you have made! I just love how you showed it from the top to let us see how you popped up the fish. This is full of inspiration. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreAnything Goes Challenge!

Tamie DT

Tamie said...

Leslie, I am so sorry, I knew you had flowers in there but not sure how my brain told me to write fish. I do this once in a while since my accident. Again sorry and wonderful creation Leslie.

Tamie DT for Craft Galore

Kim Butterworth said...

Such a cool card, love the scene you have created. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Beverley said...

Amazing card & so creative. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Gill McCall said...

such a lovely make. thanks for joining us in the sisters of craft challenge. Gill DT