Thursday, April 16, 2015

You're Too Kind

Hi everyone! We're well into spring here in north Florida - no more even remotely cool temps here, that's for sure! I created the amazing background on this thank you note card by stamping on photo paper with an acrylic block, and what deep rich color this turned out to be! I discovered this technique last summer and have used it several times... it  is sooo much fun - you really need to give it a try! I used the Stampin' Up! Too Kind stamp set and several Stampin' Up! ink pads for this project.

I inked up a 4x6 acrylic block with Perfect Plum ink, spritzed it with water in a mini mister and then stamped it on a 4x6 piece of photo paper. I let it dry thoroughly, spritzed it with a handmade Perfect Pearls mist and let it dry again. I always keep white Perfect Pearl mixed with water in a mini mister on hand because it gives projects such a pretty shimmer.


I stamped the blooms in Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum, and the stems in Garden Green. I cut two sides of the focal image at angles and layered it on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and then again on silver mirror cardstock. I layered the background on silver mirror cardstock and adhered it to an Elegant Eggplant card base, then adhered the stamped panel to the front, lining up the left side and bottom. I added some large purple flat-back pearls to the upper right corner. I stamped the greeting in Elegant Eggplant and randomly placed some silver sequins.


I stamped two flowers on the inside, stamping off twice before stamping on the cardstock, and leaving the remainder of the panel blank to write a thank-you note.


Proud to enter my thank you note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White (#100730), Elegant Eggplant (#105126), Marco's Silver Mirror cardstock, Epson photo paper
  • Stamps: Too Kind (#130450)
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder (#126985), Perfect Plum (#126963), Elegant Eggplant (#1126969), Garden Green (#126973)
  • Accessories: Perfect Pearl handmade mist, Darice 5mm sequins, large purple flat-back pearls

I hope you've enjoyed this project using the beautiful Too Kind stamp set! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful card, love colors. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card I sure do recognize the stamp set and the colors. I love the layout of your card, haven't made any like that but it is very eye catching. Thanks for joining us at creative card crew for our Sentiment challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the colors and stamps! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D