Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sending Wishes Your Way

Hi everyone! I've been playing again and am super stoked to share a watercolor note card that I created with several stamps from the Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set! Oh, what fun this was! I love, love, love this stamp set because it's so versatile and can be used for a variety of occasions. I left the inside of this one blank to use as a note card but it could easily be tailored for birthday, anniversary or get well.

I embossed the flower in white embossing powder on watercolor cardstock. I used several distress inks and a Niji water brush to 'paint' the image, and then slathered ink-tinged water in a diagonal fashion across the background. I hit it with a heat tool for a few seconds to dry it.


I stamped the small butterfly in Cajun Craze ink on a white scrap and punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly punch, then stamped the sentiment in Cajun Craze. I layered the panel with Stampin' Dimensionals on a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock, then adhered it to the Whisper White card base. That's literally it! Super easy! ;)


I'd love to enter this watercolor note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White (#100730), Cajun Craze (#119684), Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor cardstock
  • Stamps: Butterfly Basics (#137154)
  • Ink: Cajun Craze (#126965); Ranger Distress Ink- Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters, Rusty Hinge and Dried Marigold
  • Accessories: Bitty Butterfly Punch (#129406), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Hero Arts white embossing powder, Niji Water Brush

I hope you've enjoyed this project using stamps from the amaaazing Butterfly Basics stamp set! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. Love your card, the colours are fab, and I love the washed background, really makes your flowers pop :-) Thanks for joining in with our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more - good luck and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set. It's so pretty.
    Great card!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the delicate watercolour look you've achieved, thanks for joining us at A gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercolour effect, hun - great background too. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, Leslie - love the way you've used the white embossing.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovey card! Love how you put the colours with watercolor effect.Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! - Esther

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges! Wish you good luck!

    Hugs,
    Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D