Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sending Love and Sympathy

Hi everyone! Happy April Fool's Day... gonna play any jokes on anybody?! I'd LOVE to play one on my hubby but haven't been able to come up with just the right one! LOL! I'm happy to share with you today a card using some Stampin' Up! products. This went together very quickly, as I already had the pieces and parts. Several months ago, I made a bunch of shaving cream and alcohol ink backgrounds - several yellow and green, and several pink and purple. My hubby was enthralled with this technique and actually gave it a thumbs up! Teeheehee! Then several weeks ago, when I created the note card sets using the Stampin' Up! Lotus Blossom stamp set, I somehow wound up with an extra image stamped in Crushed Curry. I think you can definitely see where this is headed...

I created a pretty gold infused sympathy card using one of the yellow and green shaving cream backgrounds and the Lotus Blossom image. I cut both of these elements with SB Curved Matting Basics dies, then layered them on gold mirror cardstock, cut with slightly larger dies from the same set.


I punched a flag from a scrap of dark yellow cardstock and created a pretty double-loop bow from some narrow yellow satin ribbon. I used both of the sentiment stamps from the Love & Sympathy stamp set. I heat embossed the front sentiment in gold.


I stamped the inside sentiment in Always Artichoke ink and layered the panel on a scrap of yellow cardstock.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White (#100730), Crushed Curry (#131199), Marco's Gold Mirror, yellow cardstock scraps
  • Stamps: Lotus Blossom (#139143), Love & Sympathy (#122797)
  • Ink: Always Artichoke (#126972), Versamark
  • Dies: Spellbinders A2 Curved Matting Basics A & B, Classic Ovals
  • Accessories: Ranger gold embossing powder, EK Success Flag punch, Martha Stewart Flower Shower punch, Ellen Hutson yellow satin ribbon

I hope you've enjoyed this project today created with two absolutely beautiful Stampin' Up! stamp sets - Lotus Blossom and Love & Sympathy. Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. BeUtiful sympathy card, lovely design and pretty colour. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope you will come back soon. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love love love that bow. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments - hope to see you again in the near future and good luck in the draw. Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!!! I love the colour!!! thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenge! :-)
    Hugs
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stunning rose, Leslie! Wonderful and effective design. Thanks so much for entering our "Anything Goes with a Sentiment" challenge at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.
    NanaConnie DT
    PS Love your cat photos. Mikey is a darling. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the color of the yellows you used, it is really a pretty shade! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! Love the rose and the gold is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love how you used this stamp and the card is outstanding. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! The rose with the gold colors are so elegant and pretty. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lesley - this is just absolutely stunning. Sympathy cards are not easy to make but yours is beautiful - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and Good Luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful elegant card!I love design and colour!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore
    April Challenge "Make a Card".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so beautiful and your ribbon is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

    Hugs, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the vibrant yellow. Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes for April challenge at Crafting By Designs. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D