Monday, March 30, 2015

LTSCB "We're Turning Two" Blog Hop!

Hi everyone! The Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog is turning TWO this month! To celebrate, we're excited to bring you our "We're Turning Two" Blog Hop! We're being sponsored by AuroraWings! Come hop with us for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to the AuroraWings Etsy Shop!

As you hop, collect letters at each stop and be sure to leave each designer some love. Once you have collected all the letters, unscramble them and email your guess to ltscb@mail.com - then all the correct guesses will be entered into the drawing for the Aurora Wings gift certificate!

All of the LTSCB designers are using 'two of something' on our inspiration projects. Everyone participating in the blog hop is invited to link up a project using 'two of something' for an EXTRA entry into the drawing! **Be sure to use the same email address to email your guess and to link up your project so we can make sure you're given two entries into the drawing!**

Let me get you side-tracked for a minute to showcase my project! I chose the absolutely gorgeous (and I mean gorgeous) Oriental Poppy digital image for my friendship card. I fell in love with this image the second I saw it! And I've been enthralled with wonky angles on my cards lately so I wanted to incorporate one on this card. So, to conform to our challenge criteria, I used two patterned papers, two groups of three flat-back pearls and two large/two small loops on each side of the big bow.


I used light and dark teal-ish colors for my overall design which I thought looked awesome with the pop of red on the image that I cut out with my Silhouette. I thoroughly enjoyed coloring this... getting some more practice in with my Spectrum Noir markers which I absolutely L.O.V.E.!


I added my signature big bow with some looped silver thread on top for a little interest. And is that sentiment perfect with this 'corner' image, or what?!


I kept the inside simple, as I generally do, with just a stamped friendship sentiment on a layered panel.


Proud to enter this thank you card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Spectrum Noir Premium White cardstock, Graphic 45 Botanical Tea 6x6 papers, Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
  • Stamps: AuroraWings Oriental Poppy digital image; GKD Flowers Bloom and Botanicals stamp sets
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir- CR8, CR11, DR5, DG2, DG3, DG4
  • Dies: Spellbinders Matting Basics A & B dies
  • Accessories: Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, silver thread, YNS Silver Gumdrops, tiny flat-back pearls

Okay, back to the Blog Hop! My letters are D and 2. Well, the 2 is a number, but it goes with the rest of the letters, so don't leave it out when you unscramble them! ;)

Here are your blog hop stops:
Leslie (you're here!)

We hope you are enjoying the hop and if you get lost along the way - or if you landed here in the middle of the hop and want to join in the fun - head over to the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog to read all the details and start from the beginning! Happy Hopping!
Big Hugs,
Leslie

26 comments:

Lillian A said...

Ooh-la-la comes to mind here, Leslie, and I just LOVE poppies, and in the traditional red color, too. Fantastic against the teal background.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

WOW!! This is a beauty! Those gorgeous poppies really pop. I love the design, colors and your big bow!

Mary Lou said...

OMG~~I LOVE this card~~just everything from the stunning Image which you colored and fussy cut perfectly to the ribbon bow...sentiment...papers. It is a WOW!!!
Hugs

Ann Chuang said...

This is so beautiful!! Love how you color the flowers and the bow!!
Hugs!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! That image IS gorgeous and your coloring is fabulous!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

So pretty Leslie! Love your coloring and fabulous layout of your card. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Linda Allen said...

Oh, Leslie, your card is fabulous! Love the teal and red combo, those beautifully colored poppies, and that gorgeous bow!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Leslie, this is absolutely scrumptious. I love your bow.
Hugs,
Teresa

Wendy said...

Beautiful coloring Leslie. Your poppies look almost real. Great work!

Leeann said...

This is pretty, the red is striking against the aqua paper!

BrendaB said...

Gorgeous card, Leslie! I love the combination of the bright poppies with the teal!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Leslie. Thank you for your inspiration on the blog hop.

Mel C said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers!

Helene Siermans said...

Love how you made those pretty poppies pop against the backing. A beautiful card!

Nick

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card. I love Mitzi's images and her flowers are adorable. Love the inside too. Thanks for sharing it with us at TTPH this time.
hugs
Dawn TTPH DT xxx

fiona henderson said...

Beautiful just beautiful.

Fiona dT
TTPH

Ann said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card - those poppies are just amazing. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments - hope to see you again in the near future and good luck in the draw. Ann xxx

NanaConnie said...

I'm still trying to decide if I love these poppies or that gorgeous yellow rose more, Leslie. :-D What magnificent ribbon. Love that bow. Thanks for playing again in our "Anything Goes with a Sentiment" challenge at Aud Sentiments.
NanaConnie DT

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, love colours combo !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Carolyn Cochran said...

Such gorgeous colors, patterns and embellishment-love the rayon ribbon!! Thanks for playing with us at Through the Purple Haze!
Carolyn, DT

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

So beautiful, Leslie! The dark teal background is a perfect compliment to the rich red of the poppy petals, which you colored so beautifully. They just pop! Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge.

Mitzi xx
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

Joanne Hood said...

lovely card.
Thanks for joining in the fun at TTPHC.
hugs
Jo dt x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous, Leslie! The red against the teal is just stunning. Thanks so much for joining our ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Debbie Pamment said...

Stunning design. The blue background with the red flowers is a real WOW!
Thanx for joining us at Aurora Wings for our Anything Goes Challenge
xXx

charlene said...

very pretty love the teal and red together! Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings.
hugs

Dawn said...

Fabulous colouring of the poppies and a great project. Thank you for joining us at TTPH this time and I hope we see you for our new challenge "Spring Colours".
hugs
Dawn DT xxx