I did the assembly-line thing... started by creating 18 top-fold card bases from Whisper White cardstock. Next, I used the #4 die in the SB A2 Matting Basics A die set to cut 18 panels of Whisper White to stamp on. Then I cut mats from Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Perfect Plum and Rose Red cardstock (three of each) using the #3 die from the SB A2 Matting Basics B die set.
This stamp set is a three-step stamping process using one stamp pad but achieving the look of three shades of ink. Oh, it's so cool! I'll demonstrate stamping one of the trios, since the process is the same for all of them. I held each panel in place with a post-it note and marked the center. There is a tab at the top of each of the three stamps to line them up when stamping. I inked up the smallest image and stamped it full-strength.
I inked up the medium image next, stamped off once on scrap paper to lighten the color of the ink, then stamped on top of the first image. It's starting to take shape! ;)
Then finally I inked up the largest stamp, stamped off twice on scrap paper to lighten the color of the ink just a little more, then stamped on top of the first and second images. Aren't these just gorgeous, like water color?! Love, love, love!
I stamped the stems in Always Artichoke, and then the sentiments in the same ink as the flower images. The sentiment on the bottom is from the Lotus Blossom stamp set. The sentiments on the top and right are from the Six Sided Sampler stamp set. Then, once all the stamping was finished, I layered the focal images on the coordinating color of cardstock and adhered the panels to the card bases.
I repeated the process for the rest of the cards in each color, and then assembled the sets. Here is a complete set.
And here is the set tucked into a clear box with a ribbon, ready for giving! And I forgot to include the envelopes for the photo! LOL! How's that for a pretty little gift (with the envelopes, of course)?! :)
I'd love to enter this set of note cards into the following challenges:
- Scrapping4fun Challenges: #37 - Anything Goes
- Fantasy Stampers: #32 - Spring Is In The Air
- DRS Designs: #165 - Flowers Abound!
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #250 - Focus On The Image
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #97 - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday: #174 - Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays: #196 - March Challenge - Anything Goes
- Stamp and Create: March Challenge - Is It Spring Yet?
- Sisters of Craft: March Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: March Challenge - Anything Goes
- Imagination Crafts Challenge Blog: March Challenge - Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges: #26 - Photo Inspiration
- Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White (#100730), Island Indigo (#122923), Crushed Curry (#131199), Cherry Cobbler (#119685), Cajun Craze (#119684), Perfect Plum (#101889) and Rose Red (#102544)
- Stamps: Lotus Blossom stamp set (#139143)
- Ink: Island Indigo (#126986), Crushed Curry (#131173), Cherry Cobbler (#126966), Cajun Craze (#126965), Perfect Plum (#126963), Rose Red (#126954) and Always Artichoke (#129406)
- Accessories: Clear card box, Whisper White envelopes (#107301), white ribbon
I hope you've enjoyed seeing this awesome Lotus Blossom stamp set in action! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!