Saturday, March 21, 2015

Kindness note card

** 4/7/15 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend! Spring is finally upon us and the weather is warming up here in north Florida. I'm happy to share with you today a pretty one-layer thank you note card I created with the Stampin' Up! Kinda Eclectic stamp set and coordinating butterfly punches. OMG, another set that I just love!

Stampin' Up! never disappoints - you can always count on all the stamps in each set coordinating so it's always easy to pull a card together. This one was super easy (my favorite kind) and only took a few minutes. I created a top-fold card base from Crumb Cake cardstock and inked the edges (front and inside). I stamped the sun in Crushed Curry ink in the top left corner, then randomly stamped the rows of small circles across the bottom in Sahara Sand ink after stamping off once. Next, I inked up the leaves stamp in Mossy Meadow ink, stamped off once, then stamped twice in the lower left corner without re-inking. I repeated that process in the upper right corner. Then I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner in Cherry Cobbler ink.


I stamped both butterflies in the Cherry Cobbler ink, and punched the small one out with the Bitty Butterfly punch and the larger one with the Elegant Butterfly punch. I added some clear Wink of Stella to both butterflies for some shimmer and affixed them to the front with narrow pieces of a Stampin Dimensional. I wrapped some natural twine around the card twice and tied it in a bow, adding a small dot of Multi Medium Matte adhesive to the back of the bow to adhere it to the card.


On the inside, I stamped the leaves twice as I did on the front, along with a butterfly, and left the remainder blank to write a thank-you note.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Crumb Cake (#120953)
  • Stamps: Kinda Eclectic (#135350)
  • Ink: Crushed Curry (#131173), Sahara Sand (#126976), Mossy Meadow (#133645), Cherry Cobbler (#126966)
  • Accessories: Bitty Butterfly Punch (#129406), Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526), clear Wink of Stella, natural twine, Multi Medium Matte

I hope you've enjoyed this project using the Kinda Eclectic stamp set! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Leslie - I love the pink and green colour combo, and those butterflies look set to fly. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Fab'n Funky this week.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely STUNNING, Leslie. I love the texture and your awesome use of kraft. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    The KRAFT Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely STUNNING, Leslie. I love the texture and your awesome use of kraft. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    The KRAFT Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card with a lovely sentiment. Love the nostalgic feel too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Leslie, great design and colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you will be back with us soon.
    Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, lucky me! I get to come by again to see this gorgeous card one more time. It's just as stunning as the first time I viewed it. AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing this in our challenge. It means a lot to me that you have stopped by to link up and hope that you will join us again soon!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully designed and I love the colors! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so beautiful Leslie:) Thankyou for joining us this week at ATSM XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for entering your very pretty card in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Leslie, missed you at the start of a new challenge, so I thought that I would pop by and say hi.
    Lovely cards as always. Sorry I haven't left any comments lately I've been a bad commenter xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! Love all the stamping, great design!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the stamps.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome...I love the stamping here and those leaves are awesome. I am grateful that you joined us in our Challenge and we have a new one starting today. Please link with us again at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you an inspirational verse as spoken by Jesus to them that believe from John 14:21 and it says, "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them." A blessed week to you always.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous stamping, hun - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - very elegant and I love the stamping on kraft.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful! I love all the layering of the stamps and they do go together perfectly to make this elegant Spring scene. Fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun! (i always feel silly typing that with you)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D