Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone! I'm back today to share a pretty birthday card I created with the super awesome Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set! OMG, I LOVE this stamp set! I also used the Hardwood background stamp and the Butterflies Thinlits dies. I'm really pleased with how this turned out! The Hardwood stamp makes an amazing background!


I'm getting more and more practice in with my Spectrum Noir markers, and as I've said a thousand times... I LOVE the way these blend! The colors are so rich and gorgeous. I layered the focal image on a pretty die cut and gold embossed the birthday sentiment on a hand-cut flag.


This butterfly is my favorite... I layered a glittered butterfly on top of the absolutely gorgeous gold filigree butterfly and then added some glittered gumdrops to the body.


I stamped the caterpillar/butterfly sentiment on a layered panel on the inside. I love butterflies and what they represent... life is a constant process, and people blossom and change. :)


Proud to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Early Espresso (#119686), Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
  • Stamps: Butterfly Basics (#137154), Hardwood (#133035)
  • Ink: Soft Suede (#126978), Versamark; Spectrum Noir- PL2, PL3, PL4, GB7, DG2, DG3, DG4
  • Dies: Butterflies Thinlits (#137360), Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Accessories: Ranger gold embossing powder, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, YNS Purple Glittered Gumdrops

I hope you've enjoyed this project using the amazing Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set and the awesome Hardwood background stamp! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


14 comments:

  1. You are so right - that woodgrain makes a delightful background for the image and butterflies. Beautiful coloring on these flowers and the two butterflies are great together! Leslie - thanks for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#127 – Two Word Sentiment]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the background really sets this off. Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and beautifully colored!!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Beautiful Blooms" challenge!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, Leslie -- the coloring makes the flowers stand right out and I love the butterfly you've added. Nice, country-type background, too. Pretty creation - good luck on the challenges you entered !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Leslie! Your flowers are so pretty and I love your sparkly butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally gorgeous card. I'm a great fan of butterflies and I love the way you have glittered this up. It's blingtastic. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments - hope we see more of your stunning designs in our future challenges.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so lovely! the stamping is just beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing what you could create for the background, at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty! Your are right, that hardwood stamp makes a very pretty background! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!
    Lori - UYSDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful card, the background stamp is perfect and I love the double butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS!!! love what you did with the butterfly!!! beautiful glitter and lacy shape under! the card is sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I also love that hardwood bg, it turned at beautifully with the image.

    Your granddaughter is adorable! Can't believe how big Mikey is getting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fab design, hun - definitely a great stamp set. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, I agree the background is so good. So pleased you shared with us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D