I'm getting more and more practice in with my Spectrum Noir markers, and as I've said a thousand times... I LOVE the way these blend! The colors are so rich and gorgeous. I layered the focal image on a pretty die cut and gold embossed the birthday sentiment on a hand-cut flag.
This butterfly is my favorite... I layered a glittered butterfly on top of the absolutely gorgeous gold filigree butterfly and then added some glittered gumdrops to the body.
I stamped the caterpillar/butterfly sentiment on a layered panel on the inside. I love butterflies and what they represent... life is a constant process, and people blossom and change. :)
Proud to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:
- Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog: #136 - Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: #127 - Use A Two Word Sentiment
- Craft Your Passion: #253 - Always Anything Goes
- Pile It On: #60 - Use 3 of Something
- Stamp and Create: March Challenge - Is It Spring Yet?
- Fantasy Stampers: #32 - Spring is in the Air
- Sisters of Craft: March Challenge - Anything Goes
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Add A Sentiment
- Use Your Stuff: #177 - Create Your Own Background
- The Shabby Tea Room: #248 - Beautiful Blooms (see photo inspiration)
- Cardstock/Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Early Espresso (#119686), Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
- Stamps: Butterfly Basics (#137154), Hardwood (#133035)
- Ink: Soft Suede (#126978), Versamark; Spectrum Noir- PL2, PL3, PL4, GB7, DG2, DG3, DG4
- Dies: Butterflies Thinlits (#137360), Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
- Accessories: Ranger gold embossing powder, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon, YNS Purple Glittered Gumdrops
I hope you've enjoyed this project using the amazing Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics stamp set and the awesome Hardwood background stamp! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)