Friday, March 27, 2015

Fabulous Friend

** 4/6/15 Design Team Favorite at Loves Rubberstamps! **

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share a 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project with you today, my Fabulous Friend note card. I used the absolutely gorgeous Mint hand-dyed crinkle ribbon from the NEW Tie Die 3 Bundle and vintage button.

I recently won an awesome Vintage clear stamp set. I used one of the images in that set to create my own emboss resist damask type background. I first stamped the images in Teal Zeal, then stamped a second time to clear emboss on top of the colored ink. The final step was to sponge Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves and Teal Zeal over the entire background before layering it on navy blue cardstock. Clear embossing over top of colored ink and then sponging additional colors is such a fun technique! If you offset the Versamark stamping just a hair, it really gives it some depth!


I stamped the sentiment and then it's border on a scrap in Bamboo Leaves, and then stamped a second time to clear emboss on top of the colored ink. I fussy cut around the border and affixed the sentiment to the front with thick 3-D foam pads. I created the fabulous multi-loop bow with the Mint crinkle ribbon and adhered a vintage button to the center. I left the layered panel on the inside blank to write my own sentiment.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Navy cardstock
  • Stamps: Rayher Hobbykunst Vintage stamp set, GKD Poster Board Sentiments 
  • Ink: Memento Teal Zeal, Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart; Versamark
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Mint crinkle ribbon from the Tie Dye 3 Bundle, 3GJ vintage button, Ranger clear embossing powder


Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! And remember to use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Love your card - such a fresh colour scheme, fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background and I love the colours! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Leslie.
    Thanks for entering at Crafty Ribbons Challenges!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning! Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pretty card, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty...I love the background. I am so glad you joined us in our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We are beginning another challenge today so, hope you link with us again. Leaving you an inspirational verse as declared by Jesus to them that believe in John 6:39 and it says, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. " Have a blessed week!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color choices. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is so beautiful. Thanks you for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D