Friday, February 13, 2015

Love you

** 2/16/15 Winner at Melonheadz Friends! **

Hi everybody! I'm super stoked to share my 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project with you today! I got out my Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set and created a beautiful purple swing card for Valentine's Day.

I used the absolutely GOR-JUSS Purple Passion Crinkle Ribbon from the Royal Bundle, some of the NEW Lilac Diagonal Striped Ribbon and a Vintage button. I definitely 'glammed' this card up... love me some 3 Girl JAM! ;)


These swing cards are just so much fun and really pack a huge punch. I love the varying shades of purple on this paper which I layered on silver metallic cardstock. The focal image is a super fun three-step stamp by Stampin' Up! that I stamped with one ink but actually looks like three. I added a bling flourish for a little interest. And how about that yummy ribbon and bow?!


I embossed the age-old XOXO Hugs and Kisses sentiment on the front in white embossing powder. I was afraid it wouldn't show up on the busy purple background, but it stands out quite nicely. I also used some violet Dot Sparklers across the bottom of both panels.


Here is a shot of the card opening up...


Here it's opened up showing the back of the swing mechanism with the stamped 'Love you' sentiment that I inked and layered on some of the silver metallic cardstock.


And one last close-up of that super awesome ribbon and bow embellished with the vintage button. I just love how this turned out! ;)


Proud to enter my 'love' swing card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Wild Lilac and White cardstock; GKD Parisian Garden 6x6 paper
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lotus Blossom, GKD Vertical Greetings 2, GKD Lots of Lines
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum, Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Memento Gray Flannel, Versamark Dazzle
  • Dies: Sizzix Square Flip-Its #2, Spellbinders Classic Squares
  • Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Purple Passion crinkle ribbon from the Royal Bundle, 3 Girl JAM Lilac diagonal striped ribbon, 3 Girl JAM vintage button, SweetStamps fine detail white embossing powder, 1/8" Score-Tape, Stampendous Violet Dot Sparklers, Want2Scrap bling flourish

I hope you've enjoyed this project today. Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! And remember to use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order! Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Leslie

15 comments:

  1. Stunning card Lesilie fabulous detail and one of my favorite colour combos
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purples and that stamped flower looks so pretty. Only goes to show we don't need a lot of ink pads to achieve stunning results, although that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy more LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Beautiful! Saw it on PTT!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant creation!
    Thanks for playing at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the rich,pretty purples.Great design and a beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely beautiful card!

    Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and elegant!Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Leslie! Great choice of colors!
    Thanks for sharing at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job on that card!! Congratulations on the win!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D