** 2/16/15 Winner at Melonheadz Friends! **
Hi everybody! I'm super stoked to share my 3 Girl JAM DT inspiration project with you today! I got out my Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set and created a beautiful purple swing card for Valentine's Day.
I used the absolutely GOR-JUSS Purple Passion Crinkle Ribbon from the Royal Bundle, some of the NEW Lilac Diagonal Striped Ribbon and a Vintage button. I definitely 'glammed' this card up... love me some 3 Girl JAM! ;)
These swing cards are just so much fun and really pack a huge punch. I love the varying shades of purple on this paper which I layered on silver metallic cardstock. The focal image is a super fun three-step stamp by Stampin' Up! that I stamped with one ink but actually looks like three. I added a bling flourish for a little interest. And how about that yummy ribbon and bow?!
I embossed the age-old XOXO Hugs and Kisses sentiment on the front in white embossing powder. I was afraid it wouldn't show up on the busy purple background, but it stands out quite nicely. I also used some violet Dot Sparklers across the bottom of both panels.
Here is a shot of the card opening up...
Here it's opened up showing the back of the swing mechanism with the stamped 'Love you' sentiment that I inked and layered on some of the silver metallic cardstock.
And one last close-up of that super awesome ribbon and bow embellished with the vintage button. I just love how this turned out! ;)
Proud to enter my 'love' swing card into the following challenges:
- Pile It On: #55 - Use a Bow
- Craft Your Passion: #248 - Always Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Use a Stamp or Digi for February
- Incy Wincy Designs: Use a Punch or Die Cut
- Use Your Stuff: #172 - Love theme
- Melonheadz Friends: Hearts/Love Challenge
- The Crazy Challenge: #190 - Love
- Deep Ocean Challenge: #97 - Love is all around
- Party Time Tuesdays: #195 - Anything Goes
- Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge #231 - Love is in the Air
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Wild Lilac and White cardstock; GKD Parisian Garden 6x6 paper
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Lotus Blossom, GKD Vertical Greetings 2, GKD Lots of Lines
- Ink: Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum, Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Memento Gray Flannel, Versamark Dazzle
- Dies: Sizzix Square Flip-Its #2, Spellbinders Classic Squares
- Accessories: 3 Girl JAM Purple Passion crinkle ribbon from the Royal Bundle, 3 Girl JAM Lilac diagonal striped ribbon, 3 Girl JAM vintage button, SweetStamps fine detail white embossing powder, 1/8" Score-Tape, Stampendous Violet Dot Sparklers, Want2Scrap bling flourish
I hope you've enjoyed this project today. Be sure to stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out all the fun crafty goodies! And remember to use code LT10 to get 10% off your entire order! Thanks so much for stopping by today!