Saturday, February 7, 2015

I LOVE YOU

Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to be guesting for Fantasy Stampers again in February! Woot-woot! I'm happy to share my inspiration project for the Midway Motivation post for Challenge #29 - P.S. I Love You! Come play with us! As many of you know, I'm such a sucker for fancy folds. Gabrielle Pollacco from the Such a Pretty Mess blog showcased an absolutely gorgeous star fold card HERE that caught my eye so I just had to try it! And I recently got the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea 6x6 paper pack and have been dying to tear into it, so I saw this project as my opportunity! ;)


Stamping on patterned paper always packs such a huge punch. I stamped the largest flourish from the Stampin' Up! Flowering Flourishes stamp set on the three points in Memento Espresso Truffle ink.


I then stamped the smallest flourish from the same SU stamp set in random fashion on the center triangle in Memento Truffle ink. I also created little trios of dots using a fine point Sharpie paint pen.


I stamped the I LOVE YOU canceled postage sentiment on the ticket and set it aside. I gabbed a small white vellum envelope, put a pinch of tiny beads in it, and sealed it. I affixed a pink feather, the ticket, a pink heart paper clip and a strand of beads looped in a heart shape onto the top of the envelope. The finishing touches to the card were flat-back pearls on the front and Dot Sparklers along the edges of the triangle on the inside. Love, love, love! ;)


Proud to enter this awesome card into these challenges:


Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Dark brown textured cardstock from stash; Graphic45 Botanical Tea 6x6 papers
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Flowering Fourishes; GKD Special Delivery
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle
  • Accessories: Making Memories ticket, Sharpie fine point white paint pen, small vellum envelope, assorted loose beads, pink feather, bead strand, pink heart paper clip, pink Stampendous Dot Sparklers, white flat-back pearls

I hope you've found a little inspiration here to create a 'love' project, just in time for Valentine's Day! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

  1. oh that is so clever!!! such a gorgeous creation with fabulous unusual shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Triangle Star Folded card is gorgeous Leslie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - great fold and pretty detailing.
    Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' and In the Pink this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, very clever fold, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool fold and your card IS awesome!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card and the way it folds up is awesome!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool fold and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun fold for a valentine ... so glad you joined us at the Just Us Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool looking fancy fold! I've never seen this before! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply amazing! Love the shape of this, and gorgeous details!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Monday Morning challenge!
    Ellie from My Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally missed this post. I'm loving that fold, it's so unique. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that this star is constructed of triangles!!!
    Thanks for linking up with SWAT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D