Monday, February 23, 2015

hello note card

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #133 - Stripes which is being hosted by yours truly! Come play with us! I love the aspect of stripes... we see them all over the place in every facet of life! This is my last post as a Crafty Cardmakers and More DT member, and I want to thank Lin and the entire CCM DT for having me along for the past six months. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself!

I created a fun 'hello' note card with embossed stripes and pretty patterned paper stripes. This was such a fun project and so easy. I have lots of 6x6 paper packs - I think I'm going to make several sets of these to give as gifts. The diagonal lines background was stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder, then I inked the edges which gives it a little dimension.


I cut the hello die cut, coated it with clear Wink of Stella and set it aside. I cut strips of varying widths of patterned paper and inked the edges of all of them. I adhered them to a diagonal piece of charcoal brown cardstock and adhered the hello die cut. I affixed the panel with 3-D foam pads to the card base. I left the layered panel on the inside blank to write my own note.


Proud to enter my note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Charcoal Brown cardstock; GKD Poppy Prints 6x6 patterned papers
  • Stamps: Impression Obsession Diagonal Lines
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Sahara Sand, Versamark
  • Dies: Mama Elephant Hello Script
  • Accessories: Ranger clear embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in our Stripes challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Leslie! Love the pretty patterns in your stripes! Sure will miss you, good luck with your new adventure! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, such a gorgeous card. I love your embossed stripes, especially with the dark ink around the edges, they really draw your eye around the card. Your paper strips are very pretty and the 'hello' looks fabulous with the Wink of Stella. I am sorry to hear that this will be your last challenge with us at CCM, it has been wonderful being on the team with you. I wish you all the best in your new ventures. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great little card Leslie - I have so many strips of paper that I have stored away and now I have been given some inspiration to use them!!! Thank you so much for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lesley :-) the papers and layout are fabulous ! I love the whole design of this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes-both sets of them! Thanks for joining us!
    Carolyn DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple idea, but so beautifully effective.....Thanks for joining us..

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really cook card, Love it!

    Thanks for playing with us at Through The Purple Haze.

    Linda
    (DT at TTPH)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely fantastic card you've made! I love the look of the patterned paper being made into lines. I would've never thought to pair lines like this with embossed lines in the background going a different direction, but you totally nailed it! It all flows together so nicely and I feel thoroughly inspired. Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Leslie, I may have to borrow this idea since like you i have a ton of papers that could do with being used rather than just looked at.
    It has been wonderful to have you on the team. I shall continue to follow your fabulous work and maybe you will enter one or two of our challenges.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative - and beautiful - way to use DP!

    Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, and a great way to use up those little scraps that tend to accumulate. Great idea to color the edges for dimension. Nice, handy card to have for notes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D