Tuesday, February 10, 2015

For You

** Winner at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I was commissioned to make a wedding shower gift card holder for a lady at work so I made two last evening. I'm so tickled at how pretty they turned out that I decided to share this one and enter it in a few challenges. I gave my co-worker one this morning and she loved it! I've made a number of these over the years and they are so easy and a lot of fun. Although I've seen several tutorials, I give StampTV credit for the tutorial where I found my original inspiration.

With different papers, these can be made for any occasion which is why I love this particular style. For this wedding shower one, I used some gorgeous white gold metallic cardstock for the base and layers along with gold mirror cardstock. I dry embossed all the outside pieces. The tag on the front, which I used for the closure, is stamped in Versamark Dazzle and embossed in fine detail gold embossing powder.


I used more of the white gold metallic cardstock to layer on the inside. I slid a piece of cardstock cut to size into the gift card slot.


I used Velcro for the closure.


And here's a final pic of the back. Have I told you how much I just love these?! :)


I'd love to enter this gift card holder into these challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: The Paper Cut White Gold Metallic cardstock, Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Tag Talk
  • Ink: Versmark Dazzle
  • Accessories: Darice Ranunculus embossing folder, Ranger fine detail gold embossing powder, Fiskars corner rounder, Stampin' Up! label bracket punch, Velcro circles

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous and elegant what a great gift card holder I love it.
    You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Share it so others can enjoy the beauty. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is absolutely beautiful! Love the gold accents, shimmer & embossing. I know your coworker was thrilled with this!! Thank you for sharing with DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXQUISITE! High class.
    Thanks for sharing on Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges .GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous GC holder! SO elegant! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie, this is simply elegant, and elegantly simple. Love your take on the gift card holder! Thanks for playing in the Craft Your Passion challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant so gorgeous. Jacqui Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and elegant!!! I love the look you've created. Thanks for sharing with us at the Incy Wincy challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning, love the white and gold, very elegant. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #29 - No Red and No Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful!!! thanks for playing along at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!

    kel
    Scraps & photoGRAFFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gift card holder
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamp or Digi for February challenge #2
    Good luck
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D