** Winner at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! **
Hi everyone! I was commissioned to make a wedding shower gift card holder for a lady at work so I made two last evening. I'm so tickled at how pretty they turned out that I decided to share this one and enter it in a few challenges. I gave my co-worker one this morning and she loved it! I've made a number of these over the years and they are so easy and a lot of fun. Although I've seen several tutorials, I give StampTV credit for the tutorial where I found my original inspiration.
With different papers, these can be made for any occasion which is why I love this particular style. For this wedding shower one, I used some gorgeous white gold metallic cardstock for the base and layers along with gold mirror cardstock. I dry embossed all the outside pieces. The tag on the front, which I used for the closure, is stamped in Versamark Dazzle and embossed in fine detail gold embossing powder.
I used more of the white gold metallic cardstock to layer on the inside. I slid a piece of cardstock cut to size into the gift card slot.
I used Velcro for the closure.
And here's a final pic of the back. Have I told you how much I just love these?! :)
I'd love to enter this gift card holder into these challenges:
- DRS Designs: #160 - HOT TRENDS- White Out!
- DL.Art February Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays: #195 - Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion: #248 - Always Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: Use A Stamp or Digi For February
- Incy Wincy Designs: Use a Punch or Die Cut
- Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges: #29 - NO Red and NO Pink
- Cardstock/Paper: The Paper Cut White Gold Metallic cardstock, Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Tag Talk
- Ink: Versmark Dazzle
- Accessories: Darice Ranunculus embossing folder, Ranger fine detail gold embossing powder, Fiskars corner rounder, Stampin' Up! label bracket punch, Velcro circles
Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)