** 1/19/15 Top 3 at Through The Purple Haze Challenge Blog! **
** 1/19/15 Honorable Mention at The Shabby Tea Room! **
Hi everyone! I'm back this morning to share another winter note card I created - my Crafty Cardmakers and more DT inspiration project for CCM #130 - Something Old, Something New. This challenge is hosted by yours truly and I cordially invite you to come play with us! It's an easy one... incorporate something old and something new into your project. This could involve technique or crafty stash. :)
In addition to my old stash of cardstock, winter tree stamp and inks, and old techniques of inking, masking and 1st/2nd generation stamping, I used a relatively new sentiment stamp and a new technique of embossing the entire front panel with glittery embossing powder to create the look of shimmering snow in the moonlight. I had so much fun creating a similar card about a week and a half ago that I just had to create another one although this one is a little different and uses fewer supplies. Love, love, love!
I inked the background while masking the moon, then stamped the trees using the 1st/2nd generation stamping technique. After stamping the sentiment, I covered the entire panel in Versamark Dazzle and embossed with bridal embossing tinsel. I really wish you could see this in real life!
This is a note card, so I left the inside blank except for a few trees stamped in the lower left corner using the 1st/2nd generation technique.
Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Imagination Crafts Challenge Blog: January Challenge - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge - Inky Background
- Stamplorations: January Challenge - Stamps & Inks
- Artistic Inspirations: #122 - Anything Goes with a Twist of NEW (new sentiment stamp and embossing technique)
- Card Mania Challenges: #64 - Make It Sparkle!
- The Paper Girls Challenge: #71 - Let's Sparkle and Shine!
- The Shabby Tea Room: Week 243 - Baby It's Cold Outside
- Through The Purple Haze: #73 - Anything New To You (new sentiment stamp and embossing technique)
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: First Monthly Challenge - Anything Goes
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge Blog: January Challenge - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Navy cardstock; Marco's Venicelux Silver Metallic cardstock
- Stamps: Sweet Stamps Winter Tree stamp
- Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Teal Zeal and Paris Dusk; Versamark Dazzle
- Accessories: Ranger Bridal Embossing Tinsel
I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a project using something old and something new for our challenge this time! Thank you so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)