Friday, January 2, 2015

Winter Wishes Note Card

** 1/12/15 Design Team Favorite at Loves Rubberstamps! **
** 1/13/15 Runner-Up at Perfectly Rustics! **

Hi, everyone! Happy New Year! Here's wishing you all a fabulously wonderful, prosperous and healthy new year! I'm starting MY new year off with a b-a-n-g! I developed a cough the day before Christmas with no symptoms other than feeling tired and worn out. I visited my doctor this past Tuesday who sent me for a chest xray, and after delivering the gnarly news of pneumonia, started me on oral steroids, a steroid inhaler, a kick-butt antibiotic and cough syrup with codeine. I have to say, though, that I really don't feel bad other than the (still) tired feeling and lots of coughing. And my mojo is rockin' - made two cards yesterday and two more today! I don't understand why the mojo shoots into super-charge mode when I'm sick (it happened when I had the flu back in November too), but I sure won't complain! ;)

Sorry if that was TMI. Now on with my project. I created a couple of Winter Wishes note cards today, both with the same technique of embossing the entire front panel with glittery embossing powder to create the look of shimmering snow in the moonlight. I'm showcasing one of them now and will reveal the other one in about a week and a half, so stay tuned! This technique is new to me and I really love how it turned out. :)

I inked a white panel with pink, turquoise and dark blue ink, while masking the moon, then did 1st/2nd generation stamping of the tree (stamped once loaded with ink, then stamped off once) to create the forest background. I covered the entire inked/stamped panel with Versamark Dazzle and embossed with bridal embossing tinsel. It's stunning in real life, I tell ya!


I created a window die cut from navy cardstock and mounted it with thin foam pads onto the inked/stamped/embossed panel. I then mounted that panel onto silver metallic cardstock, then onto a navy card base.


I stamped a snowflake in white die ink on 36# vellum, fussy cut it and mounted it on a small circle die cut. I affixed an epoxy dot to the center and then adhered it to the bottom left of the window.


As this is a note card, I did not stamp a sentiment on the inside, but did stamp some trees in the lower left corner.


I'd love to enter this note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Navy cardstock; Marco's Venicelux Silver Metallic cardstock; Sweet Stamps 36# vellum
  • Stamps: GKD Simple Snowflakes and Christmas Wishes
  • Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Teal Zeal and Paris Dusk; Sweet Stamps white die ink; Versamark Dazzle
  • Dies: Cheery Lynn Window B; Spellbinders Classic Circles
  • Accessories: Crafter's Companion vellum bond, Bottle Cap Inc. Epoxy Dot, Ranger Bridal Embossing Tinsel

Okay, that's it from me this evening. I think it's about time I head to bed. Thanks so much for stopping by and we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

20 comments:

  1. lovely card, Leslie!
    The technique is great!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Leslie! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful window card! I've been wanting to make one of these myself. Love the stamped trees. So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Anything Goes challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw! Happy New Year!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    P.S. I love your new little kitten - what a sweetie! Hopefully your older cat will take to her in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card, so "classy". Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card, I love how you created the fabulous view through the window.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore January Challenge, “Anything Goes” and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and love the window scene! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Leslie..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you have been unwell. Your card is totally awesome, I never feel like crafting when I am ill. Love the window effect and that you have stamped on the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Leslie, I hope that you are totally better now and Happy new year to you!!!
    WOW oh WOW your card is soooo gorgeous!! I love all the details you have added, stunning!!
    Thanks heaps for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us in Card Mania Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous. Love the beautiful design.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! Love the view behind the window that you've created. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. Love what you did here. with the embossing in the background. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there dear Leslie,
    It's decided we all LOVED your creation and had to select you as one of our Runner's UP!!!! YAY for you and your wonderful tree card!! Thanks heaps for joining with us and congrat's to you!
    SMiles Sharnee and the Perfectly Rustics Design team :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, amazing card, Leslie! <3 I just love the CAS feel to it. Such a lovely and cozy scene you've created with this window frame! <3 Thanks for playing with us at Card Mania.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card, I love the sweet image, pretty colours and wonderful design.Thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous card, I love the image,colours and wonderful design. Love the scene and window frame! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Imagination Crafts.
    Marleen DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D