Sunday, January 4, 2015

Truly Grateful

Hi everyone! I'm back to post a mixed media thanks card I finished today. I bought some DecoArt Dimensional Effects along with three new distress inks and some other craft supplies several weeks ago (Merry Christmas to me!) and have been dying to create a mixed media project so I laid the ground work several days ago.

I started with the StencilGirl Left Hand Journaling stencil earlier this week and left it on a shelf in the scrap room to dry thoroughly. I'm left-handed and I absolutely love this one! And the Dimensional Effects is some great stuff, I tell ya. I pulled out a few more stencils, a dot stippler, four absolutely awesome distress inks and some brushes, and within a matter of minutes this baby was covered and so were my fingers! ;)

I gave the front panel a quick spray with some iridescent Glitter Dust (which doesn't show up in the photos) to give it a little sparkle, then mounted it on a square piece of foam to give it some dimension. I wrapped three twine scraps from front to back and matted it on some gold mirror cardstock.


Here you can really see the detail from the Dimensional Effects. I could not, hard as I tried, get this detail to show up with the card in the light box so I took it in front of the window. Even though the colors are not as rich in the photo as they are in real life, I'm happy you can see the awesome detail in this stencil!


I used a small EcoArtBoard rectangular tile for the sentiment with dangling dragonfly charm. This took a little thought. In keeping with the gold accents (mirror cardstock and dragonfly charm), I wanted to emboss the sentiment in gold. Then I decided I wanted to ink the tile and cover it in UTEE. I wasn't sure (and didn't want to take the chance) if the heat from melting the UTEE would in turn make a mess of the gold embossing, so I found a gold peel-off to use which held up very well under the heat of four coats of UTEE. I still have a few of these peel-offs that I bought a number of years ago to do some glass etching with, and I guess it's a good thing I kept them!


I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside and matted the panel on some green cardstock. With all the busy-ness on the front, I figured I'd keep the inside simple! LOL!


I'd love to enter this thanks card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Fresh Asparagus cardstock; Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Truly Grateful
  • Ink: Ranger Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed distress inks
  • Stencils: StencilGirl Left Hand Journaling and Midcentury Modern Elements #1; The Crafter's Workshop Mini Time Travel, Mini Flutterby and Mini Harlequin; Blockheads Dot Stippler
  • Accessories: DecoArt Dimensional Effects Texture Paste, brushes, Glitter Dust (iridescent), EcoArtBoard tile, gold Thanks peel-off, Commotion Almost Leather, Fire Mountain Gems dragonfly charm, Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, twine scraps

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Love this creation ! Great texture, colours and imagination. The twine and sentiment panel with charm really finish it off. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge and Good Luck ! Best Wishes, Anne DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love the colors and the background you've created. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the texture and the mix of colours xx Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Your background is just beautiful!! Love it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge and good luck!
    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous multimedia project. Thanks for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Anything Goes Wendy (DT).xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D