I upcycled an empty Kleenex box and turned it into a storage box for my A2-sized card bases. I like to make several card bases at a time in different colors so they are handy when I need them. My inspiration for this cute box came from a written tutorial I had seen in a craft magazine a number of years ago that was refueled this week by a StampTV video that came out. :)
I used the Natural Jute Ribbon from the 3 Girl JAM Jute Ribbon & String Pack to trim the box. OMG, this jute ribbon is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.! I also used some gemstones and a filigree charm to complete the front.
Here's an angled view of the front.
I used several SU hexagon stamps, along with the coordinating hexagon punch, to embellish three sides.
I'd love to enter my upcycled storage box into the following challenges:
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #295 - Recycling
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge: #111 - Anything But A Card
- Crafty Creations Challenges: #281 - Something Old, Something New (old gemstones, flat-back pearls and filigree charm; new cardstock, stamps and jute ribbon)
- Country View Challenges: Use Something New To You (new cardstock, stamps and jute ribbon)
- S.W.A.T. Scrap Warriors Advanced Training: Drill #48 - New Beginnings Mood Board (this empty Kleenex box got a new beginning as a Card Base Storage Box, inspired by tranquility and the color green)
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Black Onyx cardstock, Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Color Me Autumn double-sided 12x12 paper
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! Six-Sided Sampler stamp set
- Ink: Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze ink
- Accessories: Empty Kleenex box, 3 Girl JAM Natural Jute Ribbon from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack, Wild Orchid Crafts filigree charm, yellow gemstones, yellow flat-back pearl, small white flat-back pearls, Stampin' Up! Hexagon Punch, X-Press-It high tack double-sided tape
I hope you've enjoyed this upcycled project! It always feels good to upcycle/recycle - every little bit we do helps to save our planet! And I hope you stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)