Saturday, January 24, 2015

Card Base Storage Box

Hi everyone! Hope the first month of the new year has been fabulous for you! It's hard to believe (well, not really) that January is almost over and we are about to embrace February! I'm super stoked to share my first inspiration project as a new 3 Girl JAM DT member! Woot-woot! Come play in our January Anything Goes With Ribbon challenge! You could win a $15 gift certificate to the 3 Girl JAM store!

I upcycled an empty Kleenex box and turned it into a storage box for my A2-sized card bases. I like to make several card bases at a time in different colors so they are handy when I need them. My inspiration for this cute box came from a written tutorial I had seen in a craft magazine a number of years ago that was refueled this week by a StampTV video that came out. :)

I used the Natural Jute Ribbon from the 3 Girl JAM Jute Ribbon & String Pack to trim the box. OMG, this jute ribbon is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.! I also used some gemstones and a filigree charm to complete the front.


Here's an angled view of the front.


I used several SU hexagon stamps, along with the coordinating hexagon punch, to embellish three sides.

 
 

And I covered the bottom.


I'd love to enter my upcycled storage box into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Black Onyx cardstock, Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock, Stampin' Up! Color Me Autumn double-sided 12x12 paper
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up! Six-Sided Sampler stamp set
  • Ink: Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze ink
  • Accessories: Empty Kleenex box, 3 Girl JAM Natural Jute Ribbon from the Jute Ribbon & String Pack, Wild Orchid Crafts filigree charm, yellow gemstones, yellow flat-back pearl, small white flat-back pearls, Stampin' Up! Hexagon Punch, X-Press-It high tack double-sided tape

I hope you've enjoyed this upcycled project! It always feels good to upcycle/recycle - every little bit we do helps to save our planet! And I hope you stop by the 3 Girl JAM store to check out the wonderful array of fun crafty goodies! Thanks so much for stopping by today! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. Lovely box! I love upcycled crafty things! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your upcycle box, but the metal embellishment....so LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, stunning creation.
    Gr Veerle;

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and it looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool... the burlap ribbon looks brilliant, and I love those layered harlequin diamonds. Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful creation, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS X Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D