Monday, January 5, 2015

Lifting you up

Hi everyone! I know I've already said it this year, but Happy 2015! I'm back this morning and stoked to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #45 - Initial Challenge of 2015! We are being sponsored this time by Fresh Brewed DesignsEat Cake Graphics and Stitchy Bear's Digi OutletThis is going to be a fun one... use an item on your project beginning with at least one letter of our challenge blog initials (L, T, S, C or B)!

I chose the gorgeous Coneflowers stamp from Eat Cake Graphics for an inspirational card that I created in one of my favorite color combos of purple and green. These are some of the yummiest papers ever! I elevated the patterned background piece on some foam and used several pretty die cuts along with some awesome jute ribbon from my stash. And I didn't limit myself to using an item beginning with just one letter - I used items beginning with all five letters of our initials:
L - lavender flowers and gemstones
T - tan jute ribbon
S - stripes/Spellbinders dies
C - coneflowers/circles
B - bow


My hubby bought me the entire set of Spectrum Noir markers for Christmas (yes he diiid!) and this is my first project using them. I'm in heaven! I really like the way they blend, and the array of colors is just amazing. They are just a tad different than the Copics so I'm sure there will be a slight learning curve. :)


I kept the inside simple with just a stamped sentiment on a matted panel. This card could be used for sympathy, get well or a general lifting of spirits for someone who's down. What a beautiful sentiment!


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; DCWV Latte matstack
  • Stamps: Eat Cake Graphics Coneflowers; GKD Fabulous Holiday Fillers (inside sentiment)
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink; Spectrum Noir- LV1, LV2, PL2, PL4, CG2, DG4, TN9
  • Dies: Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, Classic Ovals and Classic Scalloped Ovals dies
  • Accessories: Commotion Almost Leather, Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps (lavender), GKD jute ribbon

I sure hope you've been inspired to create a project for our initial challenge! And be sure to check out all the fun goodies that Fresh Brewed DesignsEat Cake Graphics and Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet has to offer! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

Linda Allen said...

Love that shade of green with the purple flowers. Beautiful papers and sentiment.
Linda :)

Debi said...

Love, love, love your color selections. Makes a stunning card.

BrendaB said...

Leslie, I just love the rich colors on this! Gorgeous card!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Gorgeous card Leslie!! Green and purple is one of my favorite color combos! Your color work is perfection! xo

Annette Reed said...

This is so pretty and elegant. I love the color combo.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Gorgeous and elegant design! The colors are so rich and beautiful. Fabulous job on this card. Yes, the sentiment is beautiful too :o)

Ann Chuang said...

This is gorgeous. The colors are just beautiful!!

Tracy Welham said...

That's a really gorgeous card, love those colours. Thanks so much for joining in with The Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge. Creative Blessings, Tracy SOC DT x

Lillian A said...

I love the coneflowers in purple and you have some great shading there, Leslie. The green backdrop sets the image off all that more.
And, of course, I'm jealous of how beautifully tied your bow is - I've never been able to master bow making! Thanks for inviting me on the team.

brenda said...

Totally delightful work Leslie, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Dawn G Designs said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #12, Anything Goes, Dawn DT Member x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, sweet Leslie!
This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us in this month's Something New Challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
V's Sweet Ideas

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

A fab creation. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marleen Gallagher said...

Really beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at Imagination Crafts.
Marleen DT xx