As mentioned, I'm playing in the Big GD Challenge - I was a guest designer a few times in 2014, so here's the GD sketch I used...
I'm known for twisting sketches and this one was no exception. I did try to think outside the box and live dangerously on the edge! LOL! I created a mixed media background using the Memory Box Mini Dots stencil and Dimensional Effects which I inked with several Memento inks and matted on mirror cardstock.
I created the background of the smaller rectangle by randomly stamping a leaf sprig in all the ink colors and matting it on the mirror cardstock as well. I achieved the three circular elements in the sketch with one cardstock circle stamped with the tree and colored with Spectrum Noir and two buttons. The leaves are Magnolia Doohickey leaf die cuts.
I embossed the sentiment on a hand-cut banner made from heavy-weight vellum. I substituted the second sentiment at the bottom with the gold butterfly at the top. I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.
I plan to use this as a thank you card, so I left the inside blank to write my own sentiment but stamped the leaf sprig in three of the ink colors in the lower left corner.
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and Navy cardstock; Marco's Silver Mirror cardstock; Colorbok Glitter Paper scrap; DCWV textured green cardstock scrap; Marco's White Vellum scrap
- Stamps: GKD i appreciate you stamp duo; GKD The Simple Things stamp set (leaf sprig)
- Ink: Memento Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Teal Zeal and Cottage Ivy; Versamark Dazzle; Spectrum Noir- GB8, GB9, BT8, CG3, DG3
- Dies: Spellbinders Classic Circles and Scalloped Circles; Magnolia Doohickey Leaf die
- Accessories: Dimensional Effects; Memory Box Texture Mini Dots stencil; buttons; SweetStamps white embossing powder; Studios Blackbird ribbon; Dazzle butterfly
Hope you've enjoyed this project! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)