Monday, January 26, 2015

Have a Ball

** 2/2/15 Top 3 at Melonheadz Friends! **

Hi everyone! It's time for another fun challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #131 - Combine Two or More Stamps. Our teammie, Julie, is hosting this challenge and it'll be a fun one, so come play with us!

I created an all-occasion card using a fun Paper Smooches stamp set with coordinating dies that I've had for a while. This clear stamp set contains a Ball jar, flowers, leafed stems, vases and a few other images.


I stamped the jar and then several flowers and leafed stems in a couple different green inks at different angles. The stems just weren't long enough, so I extended them a bit down toward the bottom of the jar. I colored some water in the jar and die cut a silver lid for the Ball jar. :)


I loosely masked the jar and flowers, and created the background with some 2nd generation stamping using an awesome Stampin' Up! stamp. I used some clear Wink of Stella on the flowers which you can't see very well in this photo - but you can see the shimmer a little better in the first photo above. I also added a gorgeous Swarovski Elements dragonfly charm. I love how this turned out! ;)


I created the same kind of background with the 2nd generation stamping on the top part of the inside panel and then stamped the sentiment.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Cardstock/Paper: Stampin' Up Island Indigo and Whisper White cardstock; Marco's Venicelux Metallic Silver cardstock
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Crystal Clear stamp set; Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set
  • Ink: Memento Teal Zeal, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black; Spectrum Noir: IB1
  • Dies: Paper Smooches Crystal Clear die set
  • Accessories: Wink of Stella (clear), EK Success Swarovski Elements dragonfly charm

I hope you've found a little inspiration to dig into your stamp stash and find some stamps that you can merge for our challenge this time! Thank you so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

Viv's Visuals said...

Great card Leslie

Kim. said...

Beautiful card, love how you used the two images and the background looks great.
Thanks for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
Kim x

Mynn xx said...

This card is SO awesome!!! I LOVE the fun images/dies you used and I adore the texture, too! The sentiment is hilarious--LOVE! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Annie LaVallee-Curtis said...

Beautiful CAS! I love the use of 2 different shades of green for the leaves and the dragonfly makes it pop. Thank you for joining us at Melonheadz and hope to see you again!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the card and the colors of the flowers! Great addition of the dragonfly too! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challege, Elizabeth (DT)

Lin said...

Gorgeous design Leslie. Love the colours.

Thank you for sharing with us

Lin
Dream Valley

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous card. Love the little dragonfly and your overall design. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Babs Watson said...

Love this good choice of colours beautiful card
Babs x

bellaelysiumcrafts said...

This is such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays Challenge! -Esther