** 1/6/15 Winner at Mod Squad Challenge Blog! **
Hello again! My crafty mojo is still kickin' butt today so I figured I'd take advantage of it! I played a little in the scrap room this morning and created a fancy fold card embellished with gold that I'm going to enter into a few challenges. I'm really missing some of my online crafting buddies and feel the need to reconnect!
This get well card is my first-ever stretch card and I just l.o.v.e. how it turned out. So simple and so much fun. It's a Silhouette cut file containing two base pieces and eight panels in varying lengths. Most of the base work was done for me... all I had to do was pick out some cardstock and some fun coordinating papers, and let the Silhouette do the rest! Assembling it and embellishing it with lots of gold stuff was kinda fun (wink-wink)! ;)
I stamped the vertical greeting and the flower image in Memento Espresso Truffle ink, cut them with SB dies and layered them on additional die cuts. I used gold mirror cardstock behind the sentiment and added a hummingbird charm. I used several loops of gold cording behind the stamped flower oval and popped it up on dimensional pads.
I also used some gold glitter Gumdrops and some teeny-tiny Dot Sparklers with gold trim.
Here's an angle to the right... aren't these papers just the yummiest?!
And an angle to the left... what an awesome fold! I really do hope this card will make someone who is a little under the weather feel better. :)
Proud to enter this get well card into the following challenges:
- StampTV Weekly Challenge: STV14MON52 - The Midas Touch!
- Mod Squad Challenge Blog: Special Folded Card
- Simon Says Stamp Blog: Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
- Loves Rubberstamps: #132 - Something Old & Something New (old cardstock, ink, dies and flower stamp; new fold technique, charm, gold cording and glitter Gumdrops)
- Word Art Wednesday: #164 - Anything Goes
- Cardstock/Paper: GKD Charcoal Brown cardstock; Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock; old scrap of textured mustard yellow; GKD Shabby Spring 6x6 patterned papers
- Stamps: GKD Springtime Silhouettes and Vertical Greetings 2
- Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle ink
- Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Matting Basics A
- Accessories: Silhouette stretch card cut file Wink of Stella (clear), GKD gold cording, Stampendous Dot Sparklers (turquoise), YNS Glitter Gumdrops (gold), Fire Mountain Gems gold hummingbird charm
Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)