Friday, December 12, 2014

Sunflowers Note Card

Hi everyone! Several weeks ago one of my cards was a Featured Creation over at Scrapping4fun Challenges, so I'm happy to share that I'm guesting for them again, this time in Challenge #32 - Winter or Summer!


When I think of Summer, I don't necessarily think of water... I almost always think of sunflowers and hummingbirds, so that's the theme I went with for my note card. This is actually the second one like this I've made, so it came together very quick and easy!

I grabbed some gorgeous K & Co. double-sided papers with a foliage theme for the background and layered element. I stamped a sunflower border onto some water color paper, colored them with distress markers, and then matted all the elements on gold metallic cardstock.


I used a length of some gorgeous yellow wrinkled ribbon across the front in a horizontal fashion, created a big bow and attached a hummingbird charm. I left the inside blank to use as a note card.


I'd love to enter this sunflowers note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock; Marco's Metallic Gold cardstock
  • K & Co. TC Foliage double-sided papers; Ranger water color paper
  • The Stamp Doctor Sunflowers Border stamp
  • Ranger Wild Honey and Peeled Paint distress markers
  • Yellow Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon
  • Fire Mountain Gems hummingbird charm
  • Large yellow flat-back pearls

I hope you've found a little inspiration to play in our Winter or Summer challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

Kathi said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the sunflowers, the big bow, and that great charm.

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Kay Wallace said...

You made me stop a moment and try to smell your beautiful flowers! So nice to see when it is so cold outside in Boston! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful and elegant card Leslie, I love the hummingbird charm. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

E.T. (Erum) said...

This looks so wonderful! I love the colour.
Thank you for sharing this over at Lia Stampz. Good luck!
Erum
Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

CrisyNoe said...

Beautiful Card Leslie! Thank you for joining us at Imagination Crafts Challenge! Hugs xxx

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, so nice to see a non Christmas entry. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful card, lovely golds and yellows. Thank you for joining in with The Sisters of Craft Challenge Blog. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card, I love that image and all of the yellow!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful card! I love sunflowers too. The hummingbird charm is a perfect summer embellishment. Love your design.

maria f. said...

Lotsa luscious layers! What a pretty summer card. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations December challenge, Leslie.

*Arwen* said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations