Several weeks ago, I ordered a Crafters Companion Christmas magazine that included a bunch of neat Christmas papers, an embossing folder, dies, and a clear stamp set. So I thought I'd put some of it to good use on this Christmas card. I started by embossing the snowflake background, then progressed with several strips of torn cardstock to create snowbanks.
After cutting the whimsical snowman and his dog, I sponged some Memento Grey Flannel ink on them while still in the dies. I dotted their eyes with a slightly darker gray marker and then popped the die cuts onto the background piece with dimensional foam pads. I had a wire Christmas tree with colorful beads in my stash from many years ago, and thought it would lend just a pop of color to this white on white card. I adhered a tiny clear gemstone to the center of each snowflake on the embossed background with Glossy Accents.
I stamped the front sentiment in the gray ink, added some white cotton lace, then matted the background piece on some gray shimmer cardstock that matched the ink perfectly. I added a white bow and some flat-back pearls.
I decorated the inside a bit different this time by embossing a strip of white cardstock and adding a small scalloped border cut from the gray shimmer cardstock. I stamped the inside sentiment in the gray ink and matted the panel on more of the gray shimmer cardstock.
- GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock: DCWV Gray Shimmer cardstock; The Paper Cut White Gold Metallic cardstock
- Crafters Companion Snowflake Flutter embossing folder
- Crafters Companion The Snowman and The Snowdog dies
- Crafters Companion Christmas stamp set
- Memento Grey Flannel ink
- Spectrum Noir: IG4
- Making Memories Christmas 1 wire shapes
- Tiny clear gemstones
- Glossy Accents
- Really Reasonable Ribbon white cotton lace (from the October Club assortment)
- White grossgrain ribbon bow
- Flat-back pearls
- SNS small scalloped border die
I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a Christmas project for our challenge this time! It very well could be another Christmas card marked off your list! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)