Monday, December 8, 2014

All that glitters is snow

Hi everyone! Well, we're another week closer to Christmas and it sure has come fast! It's time for another fun challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more - our last one of the year - and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #129 - Christmas. We're being sponsored this time by Sir Stampalot, and our wonderful (and I mean wonderful) teammie, Kim Reygate, is giving a fabulous bag of craft goodies! So come play with us! It's an easy one... we want to see a Christmas project!

Several weeks ago, I ordered a Crafters Companion Christmas magazine that included a bunch of neat Christmas papers, an embossing folder, dies, and a clear stamp set. So I thought I'd put some of it to good use on this Christmas card. I started by embossing the snowflake background, then progressed with several strips of torn cardstock to create snowbanks.


After cutting the whimsical snowman and his dog, I sponged some Memento Grey Flannel ink on them while still in the dies. I dotted their eyes with a slightly darker gray marker and then popped the die cuts onto the background piece with dimensional foam pads. I had a wire Christmas tree with colorful beads in my stash from many years ago, and thought it would lend just a pop of color to this white on white card. I adhered a tiny clear gemstone to the center of each snowflake on the embossed background with Glossy Accents.


I stamped the front sentiment in the gray ink, added some white cotton lace, then matted the background piece on some gray shimmer cardstock that matched the ink perfectly. I added a white bow and some flat-back pearls.


I decorated the inside a bit different this time by embossing a strip of white cardstock and adding a small scalloped border cut from the gray shimmer cardstock. I stamped the inside sentiment in the gray ink and matted the panel on more of the gray shimmer cardstock.


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock: DCWV Gray Shimmer cardstock; The Paper Cut White Gold Metallic cardstock
  • Crafters Companion Snowflake Flutter embossing folder
  • Crafters Companion The Snowman and The Snowdog dies
  • Crafters Companion Christmas stamp set
  • Memento Grey Flannel ink
  • Spectrum Noir: IG4
  • Making Memories Christmas 1 wire shapes
  • Tiny clear gemstones
  • Glossy Accents
  • Really Reasonable Ribbon white cotton lace (from the October Club assortment)
  • White grossgrain ribbon bow
  • Flat-back pearls
  • SNS small scalloped border die

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a Christmas project for our challenge this time! It very well could be another Christmas card marked off your list! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

Very pretty Leslie! Love the embossed background! Happy holidays :)

Sally Dodger said...

A fabulous card. I love your grey and white card with the pop of colour from the tree is great. The Snowman and Snow Dog dies are really cute and your embellishments finish the card perfectly. Sally D.x.

Papercraft By Carole said...

Hey Leslie!! Can't beat a bit of the old Snowman!! It looks stunning!! Hope you enjoyed looking at all the projects in the magazine too - don't look too closely at mine!! LOL!! Have a great Christmas!! Cxx

Kim x said...

Lovely card Leslie. I got that magazine too but I am no nearer playing with the dies yet so it is great to see what you have done with them.
Hugs Kimx

Suze Bain said...

Who doesn't love the Snowman and the wire Christmas tree is just fab! Have a lovely festive season. xx