Friday, November 14, 2014

Winter Wishes

Hello, my crafty friends! I have a bit of good news to share - I'm guest designing for Scrapping4fun Challenges again! I scored this gig a few weeks back when one of my cards was chosen as a Featured Creation. I'm happy to share my inspiration project for Challenge #30 - Anything Goes with Bling which is a Christmas card - one of only a few I've made so far. I'm still shaking my head at how fast this year has gone by!

The stamped images and papers I used on this project are from the newest StampTV kit which I absolutely love! I matted the background and layered/stamped pieces on Cherry Red cardstock.


I stamped the mittens in red ink, and cut it with a SB die. I have a treasure trove (bin) of Christmas embellishments that I only use once a year, and in it was the cutest little winter hat that I just had to add to the focal image! In keeping with the bling part of the theme, I affixed a white pearl to the hat, some red gemstones in the upper right corner and used some gorgeous gold GKD ribbon with a tiny jingle bell hanging from the triple-loop bow.


I stamped the front sentiment on a sponged SB ribbon banner die cut and added a pretty wood snowflake charm with a gemstone in the center. I also added some tiny red gemstones to the lower right corner. Had to have some more bling! ;)


I kept the inside simple with just a stamped holiday sentiment.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White and Cherry Red cardstock
  • GKD Winter Cheer 6x6 patterned paper
  • GKD Christmas Wishes stamp set
  • GKD Fabulous Holiday Fillers stamp set
  • Memento Teal Zeal ink
  • VersaMagic Red Magic ink
  • Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die
  • GKD gold ribbon; tiny jingle bell
  • 1/4" Scor-Tape
  • Red winter hat metal embellishment
  • Red gemstones and white flat-back pearl

I hope you've found some inspiration to join us for our Anything Goes with Bling challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love all the detail, your Gold bow and the gemstones.
    Thank you for your GD creation at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    Have a great weekend
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun holiday card Leslie! There are so many wonderful stamps and layers! Love the blues and reds together, the gold really pops against the wintery background! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love all the colors. Congrats on the GDT. Thank you for joining us over at V's sweet challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Christmas card!! I think it's the hat and mittens...and maybe the paper, the design and don't forget the snowflake :o) Lots of great details! Congrats on guest designing with us :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Leslie! I love how you layered all these pretty papers and the elements you chose for this card are just fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very festive card! LOVE this little mittens, the design and all the little details on this card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christmas card. love the colours they make it really festive! Thanks for joining us at TTPHC this week. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card...Thanks for playing with us @ CIO challenge blog hope you stop by again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the collage appeal of this card! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! We sure hope we will see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful !!!. Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D