Monday, November 10, 2014

Thinking of You

** 11/29/14 Winner at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! **
** 11/29/14 DT Favorite at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! We're headed into another awesome challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more, and I'm stoked to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #127 - A Touch of Charm. Come play with us! Josephine is hosting this challenge and she says just add a charm to your project! Another fun and simple challenge!

I chose the beautiful Bluebird stamp set by Artistic Outpost to create this 'Thinking of You" card. I used some blue and cream colored double-sided paper, matted on dark chocolate cardstock. I dug through my stash of eyelets and chose two round brass and one square brass to place in the upper right corner. I thought the two shapes used together looked very cool with the overall design.


I stamped the focal image on Almost Leather by Commotion. This is some pretty amazing stuff! ;)


I added some gorgeous ivory crocheted cotton lace along the bottom of the layered strip of blue paper, and stamped a row of birds beneath it.


I added a big multi-looped bow and popped a flower charm in the center of it. I love my Bow It All and it seems that big bows are rapidly becoming a signature trademark on my cards! LOL!


I stamped the sentiment beneath a group of birds on the inside. I've had this stamp set for several years and had never used it. I'm so glad I pulled it out for this project. I absolutely love it! :)


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Dark Chocolate cardstock
  • K & Co. Blue Awning double-sided papers
  • Artistic Outpost Bluebird stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • MISTI
  • Commotion Almost Leather
  • Wild Orchid Crafts ivory cotton lace
  • Round & square eyes from stash
  • Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon
  • Flower charm

I really do hope you're inspired to play in our charm challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

20 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Leslie, I am loving the Bluebird stamp set, think I will be adding that one to my wish list! Beautiful card! hugs :)

Viv's Visuals said...

Beautiful Leslie.

Suze Bain said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Leslie. Love the shabby bow and I must go and investigate the leather stuff, haven't come across that before! Xx

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Leslie fabulous design and detail.
Hugs Julie xxx

Josephine said...

This is so lovely. I can see why you love this stamp set - it's fabulous and will be so versatile too!

Michelle said...

This card is so lovely. I like the little bleu part on it.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

sammi said...

Nice card. Love the leather. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Fowls of All Kinds" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

Susan Kennedy said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the stamping on the kraft. Love that ribbona nd the center! Gorgeous line of birds at the bottom. Just a stunning creation!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Ruza Rebel said...

Gorgeous card! Love how the craft stands out against the backdrop you created. Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Gorgeous and elegant! I love the bow with the metal flower and the two different shape brads. You finished the inside perfectly!

Crafty and Green said...

Just beautiful! I also, LOVE Your bow!! What a great Trademark! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create: Anything Goes Challenge!! We can't wait to see what you'll create next time!!

Many Blessings,
Tina
LTC DT

Anna Jasiolek said...

I really like how you interpreted our 'ribbon and / or lace' challenge at Crafty Catz. Very creative and really beautifully! Thank you for joining us and don't forget to come back tomorrow and see who is the winner.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Christine's Craftyart Blog said...

A lovely project - love the birds and the bow. xx

Tonnie Deijkers said...

you made a great card thanks for joining us at sisteract and good luck in the draw
hugs Tonnie DT

Kim Rippere said...

Great card! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion Challenge. Kim, DT

Gemma said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes challenge #11
Good luck
Gemma xx

Kim x said...

Beautiful card Leslie, I love the bow. hugs Kimx

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! Totally love the colors you have used and the mix of the brads is fab. JUST ADORE that big bow with the flower in the center. Just stunning.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Erin Stephenson said...

What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Open Minded Crafting! We hope to see you next time! Good luck

Wildfire said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! :)

Petya DT