Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thanks

** 11/21/14 Top Pick at Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog! **

Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to announce that I'm a Step Sister! Yep, a Step Sister with The Sisterhood of Crafters for the month of November! And I'm equally as stoked to showcase my first Sisterhood inspiration project for the Thank-ful challenge. Come play with us! We want to see the word "Thank" on your project (Thank You, Thanks, Thankful, Giving Thanks, With Thanks, etc.)

I used a GKD stamp and sentiment for my Thanks card, paired with some absolutely gorgeous (GOR-JUSS) fall/autumn leaves paper that I've had in my stash forever. It was the last piece and I'm sure glad I saved it. I'm an admitted paper hoarder... always feeling like I shouldn't use the last of a pretty piece because I just may need it at a later date. Are any of you like that?! Teeheehee!


The background, focal image and vertical fish-tail flags were all matted on brown cardstock. The flourish die cut was cut from the brown cardstock and I used coordinating brown grossgrain ribbon. The Thanks banner die cut was also cut from the brown cardstock, and that die was a freebie in my last TE order. Love that! And lastly, I used red Gumdrops for a little pop of color.


I layered two scraps of the red paper (used for the fish-tail flags on the front) matted on the brown cardstock on the inside, with the sentiment stamped on the smaller piece.


So proud to enter my 'Thanks' card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury  Ivory and Dark Chocolate cardstock
  • Autumn/fall leaves paper from stash; scraps of red solid and red patterned papers from stash
  • GKD Harvest of Wishes stamp set
  • Memento Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics: YR01/04/09/14, C1, YG11/63/67, Y17, E37
  • Magnolia Doohickey Swirl die
  • Taylored Expressions Thanks banner die
  • GKD Dark Chocolate grossgrain ribbon
  • YNS Gumdrops

I sure hope you've been inspired to create a project for our Thank-ful challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

23 comments:

Pamellia Johnson said...

Gorgeous Leslie! I'm exactly the same way, I have a hard time using something once stock gets low...not just crafting but with other things as well. I hate running out! lol Your card is amazing, and so is that last piece of paper you were brave enough to use! Love the THANKS banner, great match for the fishtail banners you layered up. Congratulations on being a Sister! They are lucky to have you! hugs :)

Lisa B said...

Leslie, thank you so much for being a Step-Sister with us this month over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. We are all so happy to have you with us.

Your project is amazing and all around PERFECT! Everything goes together so well.

And you are in good company! lol I am a self proclaimed paper hoarder, I mean collector myself. You can't use that perfect paper because you never know when it will come in handy for the perfect project. I for one won't use my "Good" paper on something I know will be thrown away!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Such a beautiful creation Leslie!! We are thrilled to have you as our November Step Sister! Wonderful inspiration ... thanks for sharing! HUGS
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vic said...

Hi leslie... I'm a fellow step sister with you too, this month! I love your card.. the colours are great for this time of year...so pretty! Love the little thanks diecut banner too.. just lovely. (and yes... i am a paper hoarder too... i have a huge folder with little teeny scraps in just incase "they come in handy!" for a project :) xx vic x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Congratulations!! Your card is gorgeous!! Stunning colors and I love the design. I hate using the last piece of beautiful paper too. It's bittersweet, but think of the new ones you can add now.
Big hugs

julie_woolston said...

Congratulations Lesley on your fab news well done, your card is gorgeous and love the papers and detail.
Hugs Julie xxx

Diane said...

Beautifully designed card...love those perfect "fishtails"!! Thank you for being our "Step-Sistah" at "The Sisterhood of Crafters" for November...we love having you and your wonderful talent!! And PS:...awesome photos of your "kiddos"...and you don't look old enough to be a grandmother!!
Oh and I have a cat that looks just like yours..lol!!
Diane TSH DT

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous creation! Love your image and design! Thanks for playing along at Through The Purple Haze Challenge!
Hugs, DT Dangina

fiona henderson said...

Wonderful colour combo...love it.

Fiona dT
TTPH

Lynn's Place said...

Fabulous card...Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog hope you stop by to play with us again <((><

Sue said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous layout and colours. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Leslie: This entry is beautiful too!!! 'Thank You' from all the Simply Create Too Design members for joining us for this special challenge [Challenge #74 -"Thanksgiving/Thank You"] again. Hope to see your entries next challenge too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

cm said...

A knock-out card, in every way - and you've certainly showcased your fabulous paper beautifully! Thank you for joining the gallery at ATSM!
~c

Teighan Barton said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

Teighan DT

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the colors and the pretty pumpkin image you used!!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Oooh loving those gorgeous colours, so rich looking! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze.
hugs
Dawn TTPH DT xx

Angie A said...

Lovely card!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Tamie said...

Fantastic banners, layout and paper choices. It has great pop and with the pumpkin makes for a very beautiful Thanksgiving card. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreAnything Goes November Challenge/DT Call!(Please add DT to your entry if you wish to be considered for our DT)

Tamie DT

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!!. Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Deepti said...

This is fabulous :) I love the gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

maria f. said...

Such a beautiful Thanksgiving card. Those colors are so rich. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

Laura W said...

Love the layout of this one, great card! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends, see you Monday for a new challenge!

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper