I'm a day late but happy nonetheless to share (finally) my Crafty Cardmakers and more project for CCM #128 - Distress It, sponsored by Di's Digistamps and Woodware Craft Collection. This challenge is being hosted by our teammate and blog owner, Lin, who would like to see lots of distressing on your project - not with distress inks but distressed edges, frantage or anything shabby!
I used stamps from the Gina K Designs Winter Cheer stamp set, along with papers from the GKD Winter Cheer and Cold Snap 6x6 patterned paper packs for my holiday card.
I used the Tim Holtz distressing tool on all the edges of the layered background and center panels. I also stitched the background and center panels with my cute lil' mini sewing machine! ;)
Isn't this little penguin just the cutest?! I popped him onto a background of shimmering winter trees with a snowflake brad on a pretty lacy square die cut. I used bridal embossing tinsel to emboss the trees, and they turned out g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. And I just love that red stitched ribbon bow... you know how I love bows!
I stamped a classic holiday sentiment on a Spellbinders grommet tag die cut.
In keeping with the shabby aspect of this distressed project, I stamped off the inside sentiment twice without re-inking in a staggered fashion using a Unity stamp from the Tags Glorious Tags stamp set.
I'd love to enter this holiday card into the following challenges:
- Party Time Tuesdays: #191 - Anything Goes
- City Crafter Challenge Blog: #239 - Techniques (wet embossing)
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: Winter Wishes / Use a Snowflake
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday: #63 - Anything Goes With a Twist ... Add a Tree or Trees
- Craft Your Passion: #241 - Baby It's Cold Outside
- The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog: #81 - Festive Furry Friends
- Through the Purple Haze: #69 - Anything Goes
- Perfectly Rustics: Design Challenge #36 - Embossing
- That Craft Place: Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: #256 - Winter Theme
- GKD Pure Luxury White and Red Hot cardstock
- GKD Winter Cheer and Cold Snap 6x6 patterned papers
- GKD Winter Cheer stamp set
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copics: R27/89
- Tim Holtz distressing tool
- Versamarker pen
- Ranger Sticky embossing powder
- Recollections white flock
- Spellbinders Lacy Squares and Grommet Tags dies
- Ranger Bridal Embossing Tinsel
- GKD red stitched gross grain ribbon
- Inside sentiment from Unity Tags Glorious Tags stamp set
- Memento Lady Bug ink
- YNS red glitter Gumdrops
- White flat-back pearls
I hope you're inspired to create a distressed project for our challenge this time - not with distress inks but with distressed edges, frantage or anything shabby! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!