Tuesday, November 11, 2014

all the best

Hello, crafty friends! Seems my mojo has shot into super-charge mode over the last couple days since getting over the flu! I'm certainly not complaining, though! ;) I'm happy to share a CAS wedding card for a friend at work who has a niece in her 40s getting married for the first time. She mentioned her niece is of Native American descent, so my feather stamp spoke to me, and I just got a chevrons die and some gorgeous teal glittered gumdrops that I've been wanting to use, so it didn't take long for my card idea to take shape. :)

My cards typically have many layers so this is very unusual for me, but I'm in love with it! The CAS design with white feathers and teal paper with teal elements really look great together.


I stamped the feather in Versamark and embossed it with white fine detail embossing powder, then sponged some grey ink on it, then repeated the process for the second feather. I embellished the feathers with a double loop teal bow accented with two teal cube beads. I stamped the sentiment beneath the feathers in teal ink and added three glittered gumdrops in the top right corner.


On the inside, I stamped a feather in the grey ink and the sentiment in the teal ink. I hope she likes this as much as I do! ;)


I would love to enter this wedding card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White and Navy cardstock
  • Cricut Tags, Bags and Boxes patterned paper; white vellum
  • GKD Stamper's Favorites stamp set with Silhouette cut file
  • Versamark
  • SweetStamps white fine detail embossing powder
  • Memento London Fog ink
  • Sentiment from the GKD Heartfelt Hits stamp set
  • Memento Teal Zeal ink
  • MISTI
  • Teal twine; teal cube beads
  • YNS Chevrons die
  • Caribbean Punch glittered gumdrops

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Leslie, love the feathers and the soft colours, many thanks for playing along with us at Imagination Crafts, this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Leslie those feathers look so real.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation and a lovely design. Thank you for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card thank you for joining us at A Crafty Mess Challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card thank you for joining us at A crafty Mess Challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, A lovely project, I love the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

    Teighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right Leslie, this clean and simple card with those colors and the feathers are simply stunning! I love the paper and the elegance the feathers add to it. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreAnything Goes November Challenge/DT Call!(Please add DT to your entry if you wish to be considered for our DT)

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY Card!!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!!
    Hope you will join us again!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts this month! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D