I created an inspirational card (and my first-ever swing card) and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I recently got the Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set which I've fallen madly in love with! There are a whopping 12 dies in this set! Add some gorgeous double-sided papers in a green and blue color combo, and a pretty awesome card is beginning to emerge! Now all that's left is to embellish it...
I stamped the Unity sentiment on a pretty die cut created with one of the dies included in the Flip-Its die set, then matted it on a navy blue lacy square SB die cut and adhered it to the front side of the swing mechanism. I added some small gemstones beneath the sentiment, and then some larger ones on the left panel.
I repeated the stamping and matting once more, and adhered that unit to the back side of the swing mechanism.
I cut a flourish out of the same navy blue cardstock and adhered it to the right panel, then topped it with a satin double loop bow.
To finish the card, I added a cluster of flowers on top of a metal corner affixed to the lower right panel.
So happy to enter my swing card into the following challenges:
- Pile It On: #41 - Use 2 or More Die Cuts
- Alphabet Challenge Blog: R for Round or Rectangle (round gemstones, rectangle card base)
- Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog: #121 - Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #78 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Challenges: #28 - Anything Goes
- Crafting With Dragonflies: #36 - Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart: #40 - Anything Goes
- That Craft Place: Girls But NO Pink
- My Craft Creations: New Challenge 10/13-10/25
- Craft Your Passion Challenges: #235 - Where There's Hope
- GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; DCWV textured navy blue cardstock
- K & Co. Blue Awning double-sided papers
- Sentiment from the Unity Strength & Dignity November 2013 Kit of the Month
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set
- Spellbinders Lacy Squares die
- Magnolia Doohickeys Swirl die
- Flonzcraft metal corner embellishment
- Champagne gemstones
- Olive satin ribbon
- Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
I hope you've found a little inspiration here to create a project for our It's Only Words challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)