Monday, October 6, 2014

Get Well Wishes

** 10/8/14 Top 3 pick at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog! **

Howdy, everyone! Can you believe we're a week into October already?! And today is my birthday... so Happy Birthday to me! Never mind that I'm another year older, I'm super stoked to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #39 - Anything Goes! We're playing with rubber or clear stamps (no digis allowed this time) and we're being sponsored by the amazing Taylored Expressions! What better birthday present could a girl ask for?! Woo-hoo! So what are you waiting for... come play with us!

I chose the awesome Tea-riffic Petite stamp set for my get well card. I cut the center step card base and layered centerpiece with my Silhouette. I used one of my most favorite color combos of green and pink, with some absolutely gorgeous linen papers that feel like real fabric. Just amazing! The tea cups are paper pieced using scraps. The pink scallop die cut sentiment was also cut from a scrap. I love it when even just a few scraps disappear from that ever-growing scraps bin! ;) The only embellies I used were some crocheted lace, pink gemstones and white flat-back pearls.


Here's a side view of the center step construction. Love this!


So happy to enter this get well card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White, Fresh Asparagus and Bubble Gum cardstock; medium pink cardstock scrap from stash
  • Taylored Expressions Tea-riffic Petite stamp set
  • Paper Mania Vintage Notes linen 6x6 papers
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die
  • Sharpie white paint marker
  • Stampendous Dot Sparklers, pink
  • Craftime Enchanted white crocheted lace
  • White flat-back pearls
  • Pink gemstones

This is it for me today. I sure hope you've found a little inspiration to create something fun using rubber or clear stamps for our Anything Goes challenge! Remember... no digis allowed this time! And be sure to check out all the amazing goodies in the Taylored Expressions shop! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

23 comments:

Sally Dodger said...

Hi Leslie, Happy Birthday and I hope you have a wonderful day. Your card is beautiful, the pink and green colour combo is very pretty and the pearls, gems and lace finish the card perfectly. Sally D.x.

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLEY - have a wonderful day.
This is the prettiest Get Well card I have ever seen. Love the shape of the card and the pretty colours - Michelle x

Jackie said...

Happy birthday Leslie!!!!

Love your fancy fold card & the paper pieces cups...FAB, FAB work!!!!!

Deborah Adams said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! Wishing you a fabulous day. :D
I like the step card you made and the dp you used is just beautiful with the die cuts and the tea set stamp. :D
Thank you for having me as a GD this month.
Deborah GD for October

Annette Reed said...

OOOOhhh! So very pretty and elegant. Love the lace and pearls. Wonderful card!

Joann Burton said...

Well Happy Birthday to you Leslie even though it is late...I think your card is fantastic. I love this shape and have tried it but yours is so much better than mine. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Leslie! Happy Birthday. I hope someone bought you lots of stamps for your birthday. Love this step card! Maybe you can send me the dimensions for it?? That is such a cute tea cup stamp and I love how you colored it!! How doesn't like pink and green??!!

Susan Hogan said...

Happy Birthday and this is a bright fun card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

BethieJ said...

ANOTHER GREAT Card!! Happy Birthday!!!
Thank You again for joining us at AI!
Have a GREAT day!

Laura Love said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute card! Love the center step style! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope you play along with us again soon!

CG said...

Gorgeous! I love the color combo. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies! Best, CG

Laura W said...

Cute card, love the paper pieced tea cups, clever idea. Thanks for joining us at Penny's-see you Wednesday for a new challenge :)

Susie Wittwer said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes Leslie! I hope you had a fantastic birthday, too!!!

Love your teacup card!

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh this is such a fun and pretty centre step design. Love those cups.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

FeistyCrafter said...

Hope you are having a wonderful birthday week :o)
I absolutely love this. It's cute and elegant. Love the paper, color combo, the bling, and how you did the cups. Fabulous job!

Stefali M. said...

what a fab card :) love the colours and the stack of cups :) Thanks for having me GDT this month :) Steph

Shuly said...

yaaay! i love center step cards!!!and this one is so pretty!! great color combo; the card is so dynamical with original shape and colors and at the same time sophisticated with beautiful lace and beautiful flower papers!
great stamp too: wish i had cups like these in my cupboard!! ^^
and again: haaaappy birthday!!!! yooohoo!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Leslie, This is a beautiful card. I saw it on another blog and had to come by and tell you. Best Wishes!

kandis said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at CFTH challenge

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Beautiful! I love this fold... and the gorgeous cups, too!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Fun Folds Challenge!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love the image and the fabulous colors, this is so adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

Such a pretty card. I love the image. A great step card deign. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Fabulous card ..Thanks for sharing it with us at In The Pink..Hugz Gayle xx