** VIP Top 3 Pick at Party Time Tuesdays! **
Hi everyone! I'd love to share a note card I created for the Lost Coast Designs "Wings" challenge going on this month. You still have some time to play with us, so dig out your Lost Coast Designs stamps and get busy! We want to see anything with wings! You could be another proud winner of a $10 gift certificate to the Lost Coast Designs online store! Woot-woot!
I used the Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Angel stamp along with some gorgeous fall paper for my note card. Y'all know by now that Autumn/Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year! You also know that I'm the note card queen... I love note cards because they are so easy and everybody needs them. Plus they make great samples for Linda to carry around from show to show. ;)
This is a shaving cream and alcohol ink background. Can you tell I've been having fun?! L.O.V.E. this technique and it's been several years since I've done it. My hubby 'couldn't believe' the combination so had to watch for a few minutes and agreed it was pretty cool! I'm very happy with this particular piece. I made several. If you've ever done it, you know every one turns out different. All you do spray a nice thick layer of shaving cream into a flat dish, drop several colors of alcohol ink onto the shaving cream in random fashion, swirl with a stick (up and down and side to side), and press your cardstock down onto the mess. And I say that fondly! Grab a corner, peel up the piece of cardstock and scrape the shaving cream off, and you have a gorgeous marbled pattern! Incredibly easy! AND it smells good! ;)
I layered a piece of orange, yellow, green and brown fall paper on some gold metallic cardstock and adhered it to a kraft card base. I trimmed the background piece and stamped the angel in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used my MISTI (a new awesome stamping tool... Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) to stamp her three times to ensure a good impression. I matted the stamped image on the gold metallic cardstock and adhered it with dimensional pads on the front of the card base. I added some gold Gumdrops for the finishing touch.
Proud to enter my Fall Angel note card into the following challenges:
- Love To Create: #138 - Anything Goes/Fall Colors
- Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Crazy Challenge: #182 - Autumn Gatherings
- The Kraft Journal Make It Monday: #194 - Color!
- The Paper Girls: #66 - Anything Goes
- Loves Rubberstamps: #123 - Warm Colors
- Party Time Tuesdays: #186 - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Blog Wednesday Challenge: Get Crafty and Use Kraft
- The Sisterhood of Crafters: Fall Colors
- Crafty Girls Challenges: #29 - Anything Goes
- Kraft card base with matching envelope from stash; Marco's Venicelux Gold Metallic cardstock; GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock
- Bo Bunny Autumn Song double-sided paper
- Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Angel stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Barbasol shaving cream
- Ranger Adirondack inks: Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange and Lettuce
- YNS Gold Gumdrops
I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a project with wings for our challenge this month! Be sure to check out all the amazing stamps at the Lost Coast Designs online store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)