Monday, October 27, 2014

Celebrate!

** 10/31/14 Featured Creation at Scrapping4fun Challenges! **

Hi everyone! It's already the end of October and I'm excited that the weather here in north Florida has finally begun to cool off a little and Thanksgiving is fast approaching... my favorite holiday! We have another fun challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and more, and I'm happy to share my DT inspiration project for CCM #126 - Cut It Out, hosted by yours truly! We're being sponsored this time by the wonderful Hobby Art Stamps and Di's Digi Stamps! Come play with us! I challenge you to create a project using die cuts and/or punches, and the die cuts can be of the manual or electronic variety! I've used one of each on my project!

I'm known for my shoe fetish... what can I say?! My sister, who also has a shoe fetish (I guess it runs in the family) is always on the look-out for shoe dies, stamps, you name it... if it's a shoe, she wants it. She found the cutest high heel shoe cut file (a freebie!) from SVG Cuts and sent the link to me with a request to cut some with my Silhouette. So I set aside an afternoon a couple weeks ago while I was on vacation and cut a bunch of them for us, using scraps from my scrap bin. It is truly an awesome feeling using up scraps, no matter how few, from that seemingly ever-growing mound of color. :)

One of the high heels I cut was a sparkly teal and floral that I thought would look great showcased on layered hexagon die cuts for this challenge. I dug into my paper stash and found some pretty patterned teal paper and a larger piece of the floral paper (matching the shoe) to use for the background and matted all the elements on turquoise cardstock. I stamped a vertical sentiment in teal ink and added some turquoise gemstones and a metal filigree corner embellishment.


I added some polka dot ribbon with a double-loop bow, along with some flat-back pearls.


The inside sentiments are from two different stamp sets, stamped in the teal and morocco ink to compliment the floral paper on the front.


Proud to enter my card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White and Turquoise Sea cardstock
  • My Mind's Eye Notable 6x6 paper pad; Colorbok Glacier Springs Glitter paper
  • GKD Vertical Greetings 2 stamp set
  • High heel shoe cut file from SVG Cuts
  • Spellbinders Hexagon dies
  • Lil' Inker Designs Snarky Sentiments stamp set
  • Paper Smooches Simply Said stamp set
  • Memento Teal Zeal ink
  • Memento Morocco ink
  • Flonzcraft metal corner embellishment
  • Studios Blackbird polka dot ribbon
  • Turquoise gemstones and white flat back pearls

I do hope you've found some inspiration to play in our Cut It Out challenge this time using die cuts and/or punches! Be sure to check out all the goodies available at Hobby Art Stamps and Di's Digi Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

  1. A girl can never have too many shoes!! Great card Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leslie, fabulous! I love the aqua and yellows together and that polka dot ribbon is so much fun! Love how you brought the background pattern up into the glittery shoe, really makes the card flow! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lesilie the design is fabulous.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Leslie, that sparkly shoe is absolutely fab! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie, what a wonderful card. I love the shoe cut out in the blue glitter card, it looks fabulous and your choice of colour and papers are beautiful and your embellishments are great. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! those shoes are awesome in aqua I'm happy just looking at them. I love it, great sentiment to..
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning card, love the colors all the detail and the layout. AND THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!! ;-)
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funcahllenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. uuh... glitter high heels! Who doesn't like that!? :D
    Awesome card.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love that shoe! I'd be a shoe girl but I hate high heels! But I love this one. Thanks for sharing it at The PINK Elephant's Anything Goes challenge! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Leslie!
    Stunning♡♡♡
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Scrapping4Fun Challenge Blog!
    Hugs Sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, please visit Scrapping4funChallenges blog.
    Follow this link.
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/10/winner-and-featured-challenge-28.html

    Thank you
    Rachelle DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D