Monday, September 15, 2014

Thinking Of You Note Card

Hello, my crafty friends! Can you believe it's the middle of September already?! Where the heck has this year gone?! I've popped in this morning to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #38 - Anything Goes! We're being sponsored this time by the fabulous DRS Designs! Come play with us - we know you love Anything Goes! ;)

I chose the absolutely gorgeous Plant Shelf image along with the vertical Thinking Of You sentiment for my note card. I dug deep in my stash and pulled out some dark green corrugated cardstock that I've had for years and years, and paired it with some gold metallic cardstock. I just love how this turned out!


What a gorgeous image! And green just so happens to be my all-time favorite color, although I have many favorite colors and color combos when I'm scrapping. I added a sweet little ladybug charm for an element of good luck. And, of course, some of my new favorite Twinkle Goosebumps gemstones. ;)


Here's another angled view of the note card. I matted the blank inside panel on some dark green cardstock.


Proud to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White cardstock; Marco's dark green corrugated cardstock; dark green cardstock from stash; Marco's Venicelux Gold Metallic cardstock
  • DRS Designs Plant Shelf image and Thinking Of You vertical sentiment
  • Copics: C1/3, YG61/63/67, Y21, E11/33
  • Queen & Co. green Twinkle Goosebumps gemstones
  • EK Success lady bug charm from the Laliberi Bugs and Leaves collection

I hope you've found a little inspiration here to create something for our Anything Goes challenge this time! Be sure to check out the DRS Designs store - there are tons of fun things to drool over! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous Lesley - lovely green colours and a fresh clean layout - Michelle x

Ann Chuang said...

What a gorgeous image! I love the corrugated cardstock you used and the sweet little ladybug is so cute.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful card Leslie! I love that green textured paper, it's so lush! Such a great image and I just adore the little lady bug! The gold trim really adds elegance, so lovely! hugs :)

Jackie said...

Very lovely Leslie! I love how you colored the flowers & cut them out...great layout too!!!
DT Sis Jackie

FeistyCrafter said...

Beautiful card! Love how the gold metallic pops behind the deep green. Green is my favorite color too :o) This is a fabulous image and the little ladybug seems very happy.

Kim x said...

Fabulous card Leslie, and welcome to the Team. I look forward to seeing your first project for CCM & More.
Hugs Kimx

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Leslie! This is a cute stamp!! Your coloring is really fab! Love the lady bug!!!

Shuly said...

this deep green and gold are such a perfect match!! wow this makes a very very elegant card, you know!! the image is fantastic on these paper colors and i love how you've used the sentiment, like a vertical ribbon! su-perb!!

BrendaB said...

Wow, great job on the coloring, Leslie! I love the way you matted the inside of the card, too.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Another fabulous card Laslie. I really love the rich greens and the lovely image. Thank you for joining in with all of the fun at the Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

Dionne

Jill Hogg said...

Popping by to say thank you for joining us at Scribble & Scrap! Good Luck!
Jill S&S DT

Martha tucker said...

What a great card! And fantastic fussy cutting! Hugs Martha

Lexie said...

Great card. Love the colour combo...very elegant. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Annette Reed said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the gold metallic cardstock. It really sets everything off. I like the size of the card as well. You don't see many like that. Your coloring is perfect!

Debi said...

This is a lovely note card, Leslie. The vertical sentiment was a great choice.
Hugs, Debi

Kay Dalton said...

what a lovely card, would brighten anyones day ,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge xx