Monday, September 22, 2014

Celebrate!

Hi everyone! My guest design gig is still going strong at Card Mania Challenges and I'm back this morning to share my inspiration project for CMC #56 - Use A Doily. Come play with us! We're being sponsored this time by the amazing A Day For Daisies! We want to see your project with... you got it... a doily! I absolutely love doilies - I have them all over my house because my dear mother made them for us girls throughout the years. What keepsakes they are, and I hold each and every one of them near and dear to my heart! ;)

I chose the darling ADFD Talking To The Moon digi for my birthday card. Isn't she just the most precious little thing?! I fussy cut the image with my Silhouette and adhered it to a large circle die cut matted on a scalloped circle die cut, both also cut with my Silhouette, which I chopped off even with the right side of the card for an interesting look.


Of course I added a doily along with a rectangular stamped and matted frame and filler element on which I stamped the Celebrate sentiment. 


I kept the inside simple, as I often do, stamping only Happy Birthday and matting the background on some Pearl Metallic cardstock.


So happy to enter my Celebrate card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock; Marco's Venicelux Gold Metallic cardstock; Marco's Venicelux Pearl Metallic cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen Ivory cardstock; DCWV Mardi Gras and Bozo cardstock from the Reds multi-stack
  • GKD Garden Tour 6x6 papers
  • Talking To The Moon digital image from A Day For Daisies
  • Copics: E01, R00/83/85/89, Y06/17, YR18
  • Clear Wink of Stella
  • Circle and scalloped circle Silhouette cut files
  • GKD Frame and Filler stamps
  • Memento Espresso Truffle
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Bo Bunny doily
  • Yellow Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon
  • Champagne flat-back pearls and pink gemstones

That's it from me this time. I hope you're inspired to play in our Use A Doily challenge this time! And be sure to check out all the fun digital images in the A Day For Daisies online shop! I haven't seen one yet that I didn't just love! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Leslie! Love the image you chose and your metallic frame is such an elegant way to hight-light it! Love your perfectly placed bling too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. Your image is beautiful and the way you have placed and cut the circle is very clever. Background and embellishments are fab too. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dreamy card with some lovely zingy yellow I like it Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, very pretty image and your layout is great. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, great card and lovely layout.Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the fairy image and your design is perfect. Thank you for joining our "Fussy Cutting" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D