Saturday, September 20, 2014

Autumn Blessings

Howdy, crafty friends! I'm making my second appearance over at Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog as guest designer and am very happy to share my inspiration project for the midway motivation post for the Autumn Colors challenge going on right now! Come play with us! We want to see your project created with autumn colors using this picture as your inspiration:


Isn't that photo just gorgeous?! My fall fever is getting worse by the day as it is, and this photo certainly didn't help! LOL! The inspiration for my project came from the colors (brown, red, orange and yellow) and the leaves.

I used the Gina K Designs Autumn Blessings and Harvest of Wishes stamp sets for my all occasion card that could be used for a birthday or just because. I dug out some more double-sided papers (I know, I know... I need to enter the 12-step program!) for my background and accent strip. I matted all the paper elements on the front and inside with tomato soup cardstock.


I added some loose loops of twine under the focal image and some gorgeous stamped metal brads.


I used several new leaf dies and assorted cardstock scraps to create some gorgeous leaf die cuts to use across the top.


And I used a few of the leaf die cuts on the inside along with the stamped sentiment.


Proud to enter my Autumn Blessings card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Tomato Soup cardstock; light brown, mustard and salmon cardstock scraps
  • Bo Bunny Autumn Song double-sided 12x12 papers
  • GKD Autumn Blessings stamp set (front images and sentiment)
  • GKD Harvest of Wishes stamp set (inside sentiment)
  • Memento Espresso Truffle and Rich Cocoa ink
  • Copics: YR01/18, YG63, BG000, Y17, C5, R24
  • Cottage Cutz dies - Leaf Mini, Oak Leaf Mini and Maple Leaf Mini
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Tonic ticket punch
  • Graphic 45 stamped metal brads
  • Twine

All right, that's it from me today. I hope you've found at least a smidgen of inspiration to create a gorgeous autumn colors project for our challenge this time! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, what a wonderful creation. The colours are perfect for the autumnal season and your owl stamp is so sweet. Hope you have a good weekend. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Leslie! Your little owl is so sweet and I love your background colours and patterns! Your twine is such a great touch! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is one beautiful fall card! I really like the way you arranged the die cut leaves and especially how you used the twine. I may be casing that!! :-) Thank you for playing along with us at DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous fall card!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leslie, Welcome to the DT for Fanasy Stampers. I am looking forward to your Guest spot for the month. You have started with a wonderful autumnal card, loving the design, the Gina K stamp and your twine. Great card. Caz DT Fantasy Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card & owl! Thanks for joining us SImply Create Too! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owls are so cool and I like the design on the inside too it totally finishes the card. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous FALL card, Leslie! I love that owl and the rich colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card card! I love your nice Autumn colors and your cute owl! Great layout and nice job with your new leaf punches. Thanx so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts. Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D